• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball Coach Abusive?

Because he's an idiot who should've been out of a job a long time ago. The guy from the ticket office called and left me a message to call and renew my football tickets and I really want to say I would be buying any more tickets until Wellman is gone, but I can't imagine a fall without having season tickets for football, so I'm going to renew. This shit show of an Athletic Department we have is a complete joke though.

Just FYI, this kind of thinking is part of why Wellman still has a job.

Wellman = cancerous tumor

Problems in multiple athletic programs = metastasis

Wondering when WFU will decide to remove the tumor.

Wellman = cancerous tumor

Problems in multiple athletic programs = metastasis

Wondering when WFU will decide to remove the tumor.

Problem #1 is the surgeon still thinks his pay stub comes from Notre Dame, and he doesn't give a rat's ass about WF athletic success. If he did, Wellman would have "retired" several years ago.

Sweet baby Jesus, what will take for us to rid ourselves of Wellman?! I mean come on. I don't care if this story is true or not(does seem legit though). Enough is enough man.

Sweet baby Jesus, what will take for us to rid ourselves of Wellman?! I mean come on. I don't care if this story is true or not(does seem legit though). Enough is enough man.

It may take Wake 10-15 years to recover from this disaster. And this estimate assumes a radical change from Hatch and Wellman. Short term.... we're fucked.

That article is appalling. The Wake Forest athletic department is a complete embarrassment. And no one with any authority cares.

The one steak policy was bad enough but one breadstick?

Problem #1 is the surgeon still thinks his pay stub comes from Notre Dame, and he doesn't give a rat's ass about WF athletic success. If he did, Wellman would have "retired" several years ago.

no

problem #1 is that our big money boosters have a losers mentality and have no problem with this bullshit

Wow, the coach seems like he really sucks both as a human being and as a coach. If true, hard to believe that Wellman would stand by this guy. Hopefully this story has staying power and shines a light on the the piss poor job our athletic department is doing

Anybody claiming that there's not several smoking guns to oust this guy hasn't read the article.

It's going to be absolutely fascinating to see Wellman's career derailed by a women's volleyball decision.

Why's the ultimate culture warrior so smitten with holding onto a controversial girls volleyball coach?

Last edited:
#anecdotalhottake

Watched the end of the volleyball game before the shitshow that was Deacon Madness (or whatever they call it) this year. The team looked terrified of the coach after the game (they lost). He chewed them out for about 10 minutes and one of the assistant coaches (i'm assuming, she was a girl in her late 20's) looked like she was about to shit herself. The guy definitely struck me as a creep.

In the 2 comments, the entire team went to Hatch? And he would not take the meeting?

This VB coach needs to be fired immediately.

I'm not a women's sport psychology expert, but it seems that yelling, screaming and generally terrorizing young women is not exactly the best way to motivate them to play their best for you. Does not seem like a great approach for mens' teams either.

Just FYI, this kind of thinking is part of why Wellman still has a job.

You're right, but l love Wake football and why should I not be doing something I love because Wellman sucks. I also want to support the players. However, to all that have ceased getting season tickets and donations over Wellman I certainly understand.

Back