• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest APR rankings for The Flagship

macktheknife

Reaction score
Or what happens when real classes kick in at UNCheat:
Rank in ACC
Football-15th
Men's basketball-14th
Baseball-14th

I guess the bonus money for Roy is in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Link to the rankings for all ACC schools?

I found this which goes up to 2014-2015.

For 2014-2015, Wake ranks in the ACC as follows:

Football 11/14
Basketball 6/15
Baseball 5/14
Men's Soccer 3/12
Women's Soccer 10/14
Men's Tennis DFL

Those rankings pretty much annihilate the theory that WF's admission/academic standards are keeping it from competing with the rest of the conference and are materially different than schools that WF competes against.

Those rankings pretty much annihilate the theory that WF's admission/academic standards are keeping it from competing with the rest of the conference and are materially different than schools that WF competes against.

I disagree. Wake is a hard school that doesn't do nearly as much for the athletes to make it less hard than almost all the other schools they are considering.

Our athletic frustrations are largely self inflicted. We must first overcome the "historically competitive" mentality that reigns within.

If I understand APR correctly it measures only a school's ability to keep students academically eligible to compete in athletics. It doesn't measure anything else (like average GPA). It is also a 4-year rolling average. I looked at football which has a 4-year rolling average APR of 968, however the single year APR was 994 which would be near the top of the ACC.

Here are the single year APRs for the in-state football programs:

Duke 1000
Wake 994
NCSU 978
UNC 959

If I understand APR correctly it measures only a school's ability to keep students academically eligible to compete in athletics. It doesn't measure anything else (like average GPA). It is also a 4-year rolling average. I looked at football which has a 4-year rolling average APR of 968, however the single year APR was 994 which would be near the top of the ACC.

So if you recruit people who have a flunking out GPA and are not academically eligible grades and the type people you recruit matter. We really don't need to know the GPA. All we need to know is not good enough...gone.

Back