• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wright Thompson Tiger Article

I'm sure Tiger has chilled out now he isn't a cyborg solely made for winning majors

A day after reading I feel a little sick. Pretty gross stuff to splay open a guy's life like that. The dude is 40. The worst thing he has ever done was cheat on his wife. Was it really necessary to take a picture of his Dad's gravesite and include that in the story. Or to interview the people working at the graveyard. Just yuck.

If I am Tiger, I am putting that fat fuck under 24 hour PI surveillance for a year, and then posting every dirty detail about him and his entire family all over the internet.

I mean look at this slovenly neckbeard fuck. No way that guy doesn't have some skeletons.

0102_oag_wright-thompson.jpg

If you're woods, you're pissd at Jordan.

Jordan actually sounded like he came from a place of caring. He is maybe one of the few people in the world who might actually understand what Tiger is going through, but it sounds like Tiger doesn't really let him in either.

If I am Tiger I give Jordan a pass since I am probably only his casual acquaintance anyway. Then I find new purpose in ruining fatty's life.

Jordan's comment is kinda bullshit though - golf isn't basketball. Over-the-hill athletes remind me of friends who become parents and look forward to you joining them. Sure there's some good intentions there, but also some serious schadenfreude bubbling just beneath the surface.

If David Duval can go 7 years without a top 10 in a major including 14 missed cuts and 10 DNP's before almost winning a US Open from out of nowhere, Tiger certainly can hang around and be a threat in a major every year or so through his 40's. Granted there's almost no way he ever dominates again, but he will eventually heal enough to play normal golf again. Heck, Fred Couples was in traction for weeks at a time and still had 12 top 20 finishes in majors after he turned 40.

You could hear nothing from Tiger for 3 years and he could still make a solid comeback. I think he should just take all of 2016 off, but who knows. You know skipping the Masters must have killed him - especially when only 3 guys shot better than -1 for the week.

Hell Woods name is still on the list of "most wins on PGA Tour" since 2013 (five). Saw that over the weekend and was shocked and I'm a huge Tiger fan.

Good points, DCDeac. But Tiger getting his life together with a year off is necessary. Also I'm not sure if Tiger can deal with being a golfer in his 40s who is only in contention every now and then, misses the cut at a major or two, and maybe gets on one major leaderboard a year.

I agree he should take this year off, but he almost certainly won't.

As far as winning again, I don't think his short game will stand up. I saw Stevie's comment "he's got the yips, mate."

Also saw that Jordan Speith has missed as many cuts in his career as Tiger total. Tiger went 18 years without missing a cut - that's remarkable. Reading this article just reminded me how dominant Tiger was.

Also saw that Jordan Speith has missed as many cuts in his career as Tiger total. Tiger went 18 years without missing a cut - that's remarkable. Reading this article just reminded me how dominant Tiger was.

That would be remarkable.

He actually went 7 years, which is still amazing.

lol

God that's just a blatant typo - I was trying to type "8" not "18" but I was wrong on that too, it's 7 not 8.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Tiger is (and has been since 2001) the only human on the planet with even a remote chance of reaching Jack's major record.

The sensationalization of everything he does is astounding. The media loves to push the lows so they can pump up the highs. Hell. Look at the Greensboro tournament last year (which I didn't even realize was his last competitive round). People acted like he was making a ceremonious appearance and dude fires a 64 & a 65 on Thursday and Friday en route to a top 10.

Most of Thompson's article was very 'blah' to me. Including the quote from the Marine bitching (in insane fashion) about Tiger not picking up his dinner tab was amateur hour.

I'd be amazed if the writers who hint at Tiger being 'done' haven't already dreamed about their pieces when he wins #15.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Tiger is (and has been since 2001) the only human on the planet with even a remote chance of reaching Jack's major record.

The sensationalization of everything he does is astounding. The media loves to push the lows so they can pump up the highs. Hell. Look at the Greensboro tournament last year (which I didn't even realize was his last competitive round). People acted like he was making a ceremonious appearance and dude fires a 64 & a 65 on Thursday and Friday en route to a top 10.

Most of Thompson's article was very 'blah' to me. Including the quote from the Marine bitching (in insane fashion) about Tiger not picking up his dinner tab was amateur hour.

I'd be amazed if the writers who hint at Tiger being 'done' haven't already dreamed about their pieces when he wins #15.

They can keep on dreaming because that shit ain't gonna happen.

Similar story about Beckham when he joined the LA Galaxy and was making like 100x his teammates

Back