• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wright Thompson Tiger Article

It was good and Wright Thompson is the best but I feel like I have read everything in that piece before. Maybe not the MJ stuff.

It was good and Wright Thompson is the best but I feel like I have read everything in that piece before. Maybe not the MJ stuff.

Agree with TimDunk, very well written, but other than getting a few people on the record like Michael and some of the SEALs, did not really break any new ground.

I don't follow off the course golf, but I had never heard any of the SEAL stuff. Was that written before?

A lot of that stuff has been floating around ever since Hank Haney's book in 2012 about Tiger wanting to be a Navy SEAL and injuring himself Olympic style weight lifting. He supposedly injured his Achilles. Haney made mention of Tiger going to a house of a Navy Seal in 2007 and getting kicked pretty hard in the leg which injured his knee. Tiger was furious at all those reports of course. It is now coming out that Haney saw a lot of the other side of Tiger and that he was "satisfied" with his majors as being good enough. Didn't look driven anymore and had lost his edge in passing Jack. This was right after his Dad had died and he had kids and his practicing had fallen way off. Anyway, these new articles are interesting reads. Then of course, the iron to the head happens and we all know the rest of the story.

The man never had a childhood. No wonder that he acts like a spoiled brat. Good luck Tiger in ever having friends other than man and female whores.

Even if a lot of the info wasn't new, the overall picture presented as an explanation and not just people taking shots at Tiger or defending him was extremely well done.

Even if a lot of the info wasn't new, the overall picture presented as an explanation and not just people taking shots at Tiger or defending him was extremely well done.

I agree with the above. Thanks for sharing the article Manifest Destiny.

Thanks for sharing. That was a good read. Seems like Tiger would have been better off trying to be a Tim Duncan type athlete than striving to be a Michael Jordan.

The part about his Dad being such a womanizer was astounding. No wonder Tiger was like he was with women!

Thanks for sharing. That was a good read. Seems like Tiger would have been better off trying to be a Tim Duncan type athlete than striving to be a Michael Jordan.

Which is even more interesting given that golf is far more conducive to being that kind of athlete. That said, Tiger is an interesting blend of MJ ego and TD introvert.

A day after reading I feel a little sick. Pretty gross stuff to splay open a guy's life like that. The dude is 40. The worst thing he has ever done was cheat on his wife. Was it really necessary to take a picture of his Dad's gravesite and include that in the story. Or to interview the people working at the graveyard. Just yuck.

If I am Tiger, I am putting that fat fuck under 24 hour PI surveillance for a year, and then posting every dirty detail about him and his entire family all over the internet.

I mean look at this slovenly neckbeard fuck. No way that guy doesn't have some skeletons.

0102_oag_wright-thompson.jpg

Last edited:
Which is even more interesting given that golf is far more conducive to being that kind of athlete. That said, Tiger is an interesting blend of MJ ego and TD introvert.

Agree with the insight from you and Ph. A complete mix of MJ and TD, was thinking the same thing while reading the article.

I also had not known the extent of the SEAL training...

He kinda had to be MJ in order to get the big money. If he didn't chase the money and was content with just being great and racking in the standard elite golfer endorsements, he may be in better off.

New report that there is no set time table for Tiger's return.

Back