• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wright Thompson Tiger Article

It's quite possible the SEALs thought it was pretty cool to hang out with Tiger Woods, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quite possible the SEALs thought it was pretty cool to hang out with Tiger Woods, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently hanging out with the greatest golfer in the world is no fun unless there's a free meal.

Either they're bitching about something they volunteered to do or bitching about their orders, scooter. Neither is particularly becoming of a SEAL.

Ph, I know you're #undefeated and all but rarely have I seen you be so wrong. This is not even worth discussing but I am having trouble letting it go. They are neither bitching about their orders nor something they volunteered to do. They are bitching about a prima donna celebrity who has more money than they can even imagine taking up their time and benefiting from their generosity (with their time, knowledge and expertise) and then refusing to pay for their lunch. Put yourself in Tiger's shoes - in that situation but without even having his money - I'm betting you would have picked up the check. I know I would have. As others have pointed out and I agree - the dude is just astoundingly clueless about life.

I would have picked up the check if I was in Tiger's shoes.

I would not have bitched about having to pay for my own meal if I was in the SEAL's shoes.

Again, it's not about the context. A grown man shouldn't complain that someone else didn't pay for their meal no matter who it is.

I would have picked up the check if I was in Tiger's shoes.

I would not have bitched about having to pay for my own meal if I was in the SEAL's shoes.

Again, it's not about the context. A grown man shouldn't complain that someone else didn't pay for their meal no matter who it is.

It's not like they are going around crying about it. They were responding to an interviewer asking about their experiences with Tiger. It is a relevant story. It goes to show how weird the guy is. How out of touch with reality he is. How devoid of empathy. It is weird to me to focus on whether or not they should be complaining instead of what the story says about Tiger.

It's not like they are going around crying about it. They were responding to an interviewer asking about their experiences with Tiger. It is a relevant story. It goes to show how weird the guy is. How out of touch with reality he is. How devoid of empathy. It is weird to me to focus on whether or not they should be complaining instead of what the story says about Tiger.

This. They responded to a question. They didn't run to the reporter with their story.

"Then there's the story of the lunch, which spread throughout the Naval Special Warfare community. Guys still tell it, almost a decade later..."

Sounds like they are going around crying about it plenty.

Did they pay for it? No. Is there a limited supply of it? Yes. Are they the ones who actually live and die based on whether they train with it? Yes. They did the guy a favor, at their expense, whether in training time, training supplies, funding, or whatever else.

are you joking?

the SEALs get to hang out with the best golfer of all-time, probably, who shoots off some US Government ammunition and they think he owes them a dinner?

i personally think it's lame that tiger didn't pay but fuck off, SEALs. that is a stupid justification

Back