• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball coach resigns

Has there ever been a Wake coach "fired" by Wellman? Both bz and Grobe "resigned." I don't get it. Must be part of the culture or something...

Apparently we don't fire anyone any more.

This was sent to all deacon club members. A message from Ron Wellman. I LOL at "we value your interest and support."r

Dear Deacon Club members,

As a member of the Deacon Club, I want you to know that we just met with the volleyball team to announce head coach Ken Murczek's resignation. As you can imagine, it was a difficult decision for Ken to make but he believes that it is in the best interests of the program for him to step aside.

Our search for a new head coach will start immediately. Assistant coach Lindsay Allman will serve as our interim head coach until a new head coach is announced. We will move as quickly as possible to find a new head coach but that timetable is unpredictable.

As a member of the Deacon Club, you undoubtedly have a vested interest in the status of our program. We value your interest and support. We have a bright future in volleyball. Being at the top of the ACC is a realistic goal for our program and we intend to reach that level of achievement.

I am convinced that a number of outstanding candidates will emerge for our job. I look forward to announcing our new coach to you and cheering for our team with you in the fall.

Copyright © 2016 Wake Forest Athletics, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to receive emails from Wake Forest Athletics.

Our mailing address is:
Wake Forest Athletics
519 Deacon Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC
Winston-Salem, NC 27105

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

A message from Ron Wellman.
View this email in your browser

Dear Deacon Club members,

As a member of the Deacon Club, I want you to know that we just met with the volleyball team to announce head coach Ken Murczek's resignation. As you can imagine, it was a difficult decision for Ken to make but he believes that it is in the best interests of the program for him to step aside.

Our search for a new head coach will start immediately. Assistant coach Lindsay Allman will serve as our interim head coach until a new head coach is announced. We will move as quickly as possible to find a new head coach but that timetable is unpredictable.

As a member of the Deacon Club, you undoubtedly have a vested interest in the status of our program. We value your interest and support. We have a bright future in volleyball. Being at the top of the ACC is a realistic goal for our program and we intend to reach that level of achievement.

I am convinced that a number of outstanding candidates will emerge for our job. I look forward to announcing our new coach to you and cheering for our team with you in the fall.

Copyright © 2016 Wake Forest Athletics, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to receive emails from Wake Forest Athletics.

Our mailing address is:
Wake Forest Athletics
519 Deacon Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC
Winston-Salem

Fuck Wellman. Dude got this guy to resign to save his own ass. We shouldn't let him off the hook so easily. His role in this can't be overlooked.

Would this have happened sooner if the original investigation had involved faculty, et al. from outside the AD?

The questions is, will the internal investigation proposed by Hatch to look into the Volleyball team issues and how they were handled proceed, or will they consider the matter settled at this point?

The Deacon Club letter pisses me off

There is zero accountability in the AD

Would be nice for the AD to do his job without the public having to get involved - again.

The questions is, will the internal investigation proposed by Hatch to look into the Volleyball team issues and how they were handled proceed, or will they consider the matter settled at this point?

One would hope they'll look into how the AD handled the matter. Wouldn't bet the house on that. Not even a dog's house.

RW needs to be held accountable for why this didn't happen when this issue was first revealed years ago.

Back