• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball coach resigns

So murczek was hired by Ron wellman at the height of [Redacted] fiasco , possibly right about the time of the billboards and newspaper ads( not sure of this exact timeline). You would think wellman would have put extra diligence into any hire of any sort with so much scrutiny on the athletic department at that time. Wellman is just terrible at his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So murczek was hired by Ron wellman at the height of [Redacted] fiasco , possibly right about the time of the billboards and newspaper ads( not sure of this exact timeline). You would think wellman would have put extra diligence into any hire of any sort with so much scrutiny on the athletic department at that time. Wellman is just terrible at his job.

What concerns me more is the abdication of his duties and totally kicking this young woman to the curb. And now we find out she was, in fact, correct. If I'm the girl's parents, I'm meeting with an attorney. Tonight.

Pretty sure the assistant AD led the search but obviously Wellman is still accountable.

so what exactly do we pay wellman to do?

Good question. If we're paying for good communication and management skills, solid judgment of character and coaching acumen, and ability to build support for the program within the fanbase - you know, basically all the things a competent AD ought to be able to do - then we might want to reconsider the wisdom of this three-quarters of a million bucks a year investment.

Back