• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Tirico Leaving ESPN for NBC

I actually hate that Skip is leaving First Take. While I don't always agree with his take on things (or Stephen A.'s for that matter), I do enjoy their show, although I hate the ad nauseam talk about the NBA. First Take and PTI are the only sports talk shows I watch. If Korny and Wilbon break up, I'll have no reason to watch ESPN, sans games/events.

Holy shit, and honest-to-god human being that watches FT? I thought that show was just a prank that ESPN was playing on everyone.

What is the appeal of Skip Bayless?

You have got to be kidding me. That's on par with an elite college football coach.

Nantz and Simms did all the Thursday games plus a game on Sunday, so it's doable, unless Michaels is too old for that. But I think Tirico is gonna do Thursday for now before moving into the SNF chair. Will be interesting to see if he does both. He'll probably also be the day host for the Olympics with Costas in primetime. Or I could see Tirico as the lead Olympic basketball pbp man.

Nantz and Simms routinely took Sunday's off last year if CBS didn't have the doubleheader, 4:25pm game. They probably called two games in the same week 8-10 times last year.

Verne's retiring?

Some have said at the end of the 2017 season but I have also read that it hasn't been said. So Nessler is being brought in to be groomed. An interesting tidbit below:

To make travel easier, Lundquist and his life have lived in a CBS-owned apartment in Atlanta during the past four football seasons. Lundquist used to hate the inconvenience of needing three flights to go from his permanent Colorado home to an SEC game.

"My association with the SEC has been the greatest thing to happen to my life professionally," Lundquist said. "My wife travels with me to all the games. It strengthens our marriage."

Some have said at the end of the 2017 season but I have also read that it hasn't been said. So Nessler is being brought in to be groomed. An interesting tidbit below:

To make travel easier, Lundquist and his life have lived in a CBS-owned apartment in Atlanta during the past four football seasons. Lundquist used to hate the inconvenience of needing three flights to go from his permanent Colorado home to an SEC game.

"My association with the SEC has been the greatest thing to happen to my life professionally," Lundquist said. "My wife travels with me to all the games. It strengthens our marriage."

Yeah right. Mrs. Lundquist knows you can't leave Uncle Vern to his own devices with all that hot SEC poon.

You mean Sunday night?

No, he means that the portion of the Thursday night package that NBC is producing (about half of the games, as they are now splitting it with CBS in 2016), Tirico and Collinsworth will work together.

I think Tirico and Gruden were a perfect fit for each other. He and Collinsworth seems a little weird -- both of them can kinda give off a haughty, look-at-how-smart-I-am vibe --- but I'm sure they'll make it work.

Gruden seems like he could be pretty terrible with someone else -- Tirico was good because he would tease him and keep him from going totally off the rails

Last edited:
Yeah right. Mrs. Lundquist knows you can't leave Uncle Vern to his own devices with all that hot SEC poon.

Smart woman. Verne would have killed it with the GILF crowd.

Last edited:
Back