• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What happens to Ole Miss after Tunsil said coaches gave him money?

Here is where the NCAA shows what they really care about: athletes getting impermissible benefits such as cash, gifts, clothing much much much much worse than athletes not getting an education.

Pretty sure that suspension was for somebody else because all the coaches referenced still work at Ole Miss. No way that happens if the NCAA knew.

I know everybody was shocked that Ole Miss was suspected of cheating after that nobody school started getting the best football highschoolers in the country for three straight years. Actually, I think they just tried to catch up to Ala., LSU, Auburn and the like.

Pretty sure that suspension was for somebody else because all the coaches referenced still work at Ole Miss. No way that happens if the NCAA knew.

The suspension was for other stuff. Free use of loaner cars, an interest free loan, etc.

Oher, he should have seen it coming....

Really ? It's not like he did a ton of stuff that a hundred other kids in this year's draft have done. Should they all be looking over their shoulders ?

Previous post had "Blind Side" in it so I referenced "Oher." That's it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, I got that but I thought you were also making a point.

In answer to the question - yes, they all should be looking over their shoulders. Any kid who is good enough to be recruited for Div. 1 - revenue sports especially - should be watching their ass. Making sure no one is taking pictures or videotaping. Or, better yet, not doing anything that they care is recorded - but that is harder.

I would say some sort of probation would be warranted, loss of bowl game & loss of schollies. But if we were talking UNC-Ch basketball then nothing!

Back