• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bama in trouble?

SEC motto, "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

If Alabama can get in trouble for Football, then UNC should be able to get in trouble for basketball

The really old saying about the NCAA was that "When Southern Cal gets caught cheating, Alabama goes on probation." Does not really fit the bill these days, but that is how I first heard it years ago.

Abe Lemons, former college coach, had the greatest line ever about 30 years ago. "The NCAA is so pissed off at Kentucky they put Oklahoma A&M on probation for three years.

SEC motto, "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."
--better check that as the ACC leads heavily!

Yes and the last few teams to go on probation have been very few from the SEC when compared to the ACC since 2012--UNC-Ch [2012-2014], Miami [2014-16], FSU [2009-2012] & Georgia Tech [2011-2014]. vs only 1 in the SEC--UT [2013-14]

And yet the SEC keeps on winning championships and bowl games while the ACC keeps it going with only 2 teams--Clemson & FSU

Yes and the last few teams to go on probation have been very few from the SEC when compared to the ACC since 2012--UNC-Ch [2012-2014], Miami [2014-16], FSU [2009-2012] & Georgia Tech [2011-2014]. vs only 1 in the SEC--UT [2013-14]

And yet the SEC keeps on winning championships and bowl games while the ACC keeps it going with only 2 teams--Clemson & FSU

The SEC has more than two teams? I guess Florida and Auburn has been pretty good in spurts. It's really just Bama and LSU.

Hell, South Carolina just got off probation for impermissible benefits (hotel perks).

Pilch, looks like I missed a couple that the website did not include, but they also did not have Miami's--I just remembered it. And I was not talking basketball so Mizzou would not be included anyway. But my point is also that people on here think the ACC is always lily white when it comes to this and they obviously are NOT as it shows from Free Shoes U, Miami with Shapiro, GT forfeiting wins & vacating their 2009 title and UNC-Ch being well, UNCheats. Yet we still can't win football games except for FSU & Clemson, still can't win the majority of our bowl games, nor many of the big intersectional games. But we shall keep trying, right! But if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!

The SEC has more than two teams? I guess Florida and Auburn has been pretty good in spurts. It's really just Bama and LSU.

Yep & won 10 bowl games last year alone vs the ACC's 4. About 8 or 9 of the Top 25 are from the SEC while the ACC is good to have 3 or 4 to end up in the Final Top 25. Just the way it is with "Big Time" college football. ACC finishes usually 5th in Sagarin [last year the Big 10 slid into some at #5] or most power rating indexes & the SEC is always 1st. But flip it to basketball and it gets reversed--just the way it is.

Wow! Another SEC team that got caught cheating. Is this news?

It was no accident Alabama announced this the day of the NFL draft. A week before or a week after it would have been a major story. Now it's very much an afterthought, especially in light of the Tunsil violations story stealing more of the headlines.

Bo Davis was widely considered Alabama's "best" recruiter. They would not have let him go if there wasn't some fire beneath the smoke. No worries though in Tuscaloosa, the director of the NCAA infractions committee is a Tide grad. They are and have been protected in very high places for a while.

Back