• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transfer Williams NOT coming to Wake?

Well, I am not sure anyone was saying these kids were great scholars seeking the meaning of life. But, a poster above did say that Coron received an MA in management, which I assume is different from the MALS that you are so impressed by.

I just assumed that post was incorrect, unless Coron got two degrees. He definitely got the MALS degree. I thought the Management degree was almost a year long commitment but maybe there's another version of that as well. If he came for one post grad year and snagged two degrees on the way to the D-League then he's a good example - but he's still the exception, not the rule.

Regardless, Williams shouldn't move the needle much for anyone - sunshine brigade or doomsday squad. Overreactions on either side are silly.

What's the argument about again?

Love how people like RJKarl state an opinion as fact. All we know is that manning wanted the kid enough to offer him a scholarship to this team. To write this off as no big deal because we didn't really need him is ridiculous. We wouldn't have offered him if the staff didn't think he would make us a better team. How much better is up for debate but stop acting like you have some intimate knowledge of what is going on in Manning or a college kids head.

Holy Shit, that was exactly what I was thinking! And for the record, RJ was/is pro-Jerry Sandusky, even after the scandal! These are children's lives! He should be banished from all and everything Wake!

Holy Shit, that was exactly what I was thinking! And for the record, RJ was/is pro-Jerry Sandusky, even after the scandal! These are children's lives! He should be banished from all and everything Wake!

That is a total lie! I was NOT pro-Jerry Sandusky.

This is one of the main reasons I left. People like hoopla would invent the worst possible lie and ascribe it to me.

You are a totla lying piece of shit and should be ashamed of yourself for such intentioanl BS. go FUCK YOURSELF!!!

Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
He might as well have 1000 years. Thirty years is the first time he can come up for parole. The odds of him making it to 98 are beyond remote. And if he does, do you really think he'll get parole?

The oldest person in any US prison is 91. I found one person was in prison at 94 as of 2006. He died there.

This is a life sentence. By not giving him 200, 400 or 1000 years, the judge likely took giving him too cruel a sentence off the table for an appeal. This number has the same results.
I agree with the overall theory of what you're saying. The judge gave him just enough time so that it's life in prison, but not too much to raise any appellate issues...whatever those may be.
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

This is one of the main reasons I left. People like hoopla would invent the worst possible lie and ascribe it to me.

You are a totla lying piece of shit and should be ashamed of yourself for such intentioanl BS. go FUCK YOURSELF!!!

well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

As you have seen, I have not been interested in such calls since I returned, but I will not be lied about in such a grotesque manner.

I hope this won't happen any more. I don't wist it to. but that was a lie and uncalled for.

I would much rather just have fun. I have never understood why others feel the need to lie like that.

Last edited:
As you have seen, I have not been interested in such calls since I returned, but I will not be lied about in such a grotesque manner.

I hope this won't happen any more. I don't wist it to. but that was a lie and uncalled for.

I would much rather just have fun. I have never understood why others feel the need to lie like that.

Be honest. You came back because you missed the attention. You tried to turn threads into a shitshow on the other board, but there were only a handful of posters to "attack" you over there. I wist you success in running threads on this board back into the ground...

Wow, it didn't take long for the Board to get back into full RJ mode...

You assumed wrong. They are transferring to increase the likelihood of a good overseas contract. In the vast majority of the cases, the decision to graduate and do a post grad transfer is completely about basketball. The motivation is rarely the educational benefit, it is a job interview for an overseas basketball contract.

Ok, so let's assume that all of these role players from small teams are looking to extend their college career solely to increase their shot at going Pro. If it's all about an interview for a contract, you'd think that's where our staff would be able to hold onto a player. Playing down the education side just makes our staff look worse here.

Why would any club spend money on developing Coron Williams ? I guess they need players to fill out the roster.

They probably are desperate to find anyone who can shoot to simulate NBA offenses no matter how bad the rest of his game is...

I don't mean to bag on anyone that pursues it - that language comes from the site itself. You sure it wasn't the other version of the program that actually had a thesis and is targeted for career folks?

http://mals.wfu.edu/prospective-students/frequently-asked-questions/

What are the requirements for getting the degree?

Completion of the MA Degree requires ten courses, including eight taught courses and two thesis courses, together totaling 30 hours. At least four courses (12 hours) must be chosen from the core curriculum on either American Cultural Studies or Global Studies, depending on your preference. We anticipate that many students will choose most or all of their courses from these core offerings. Students are encouraged to design an individualized program of study by choosing courses that allow them to pursue their own interests. Two courses (3 hours each) will be devoted to a capstone project of the student’s choosing. This work may be a standard research thesis, a field study, an oral history, or an original creative work in the arts, music, or literature.

Completion of the MALS Degree requires eleven courses, totalling 33 hours. At least six courses (18 hours) must be chosen from the program courses (classes whose prefix is LBS). During the student’s final semester, he or she will write a synthesizing essay (approximately 18-20 pages in length) that draws together their personal experience in the Liberal Studies program.

You should probably go crawl back under whatever hole you came out of...

Ok, so let's assume that all of these role players from small teams are looking to extend their college career solely to increase their shot at going Pro. If it's all about an interview for a contract, you'd think that's where our staff would be able to hold onto a player. Playing down the education side just makes our staff look worse here.

I know you're trying to play your normal role on the boards, but every personal decision that takes place doesn't have to be an indictment of Danny Manning and his staff. The circumstances changed at UCF in a pretty big way and Williams made the choice that gave him a lot more playing time under new direction.

He would've helped off the bench for us and it sucks that it didn't work out but I'm sure there are plenty of better, legitimate talking points you can find to bitch about.

I know you're trying to play your normal role on the boards, but every personal decision that takes place doesn't have to be an indictment of Danny Manning and his staff. The circumstances changed at UCF in a pretty big way and Williams made the choice that gave him a lot more playing time under new direction.

He would've helped off the bench for us and it sucks that it didn't work out but I'm sure there are plenty of better, legitimate talking points you can find to bitch about.

Ish, I would not have been surprised if by New Year's one or both of the frosh wings hadn't passed Williams. He was the 4th/5th option on a bad UCF team and was pure filler for Wake.

I would've liked to have a strong defender on the team. We were horrible last year and lost three of our better defensive players.

Back