• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

burn in hell Joe Paterno you piece of shit

I don't know why, but I stumbled onto the Penn State boards to see if they had become any less insane.

That place is living proof of why that program deserved the ax.

Most delusional fan base ever. A good amount of my friends, colleagues , etc... are PSU grads. All seem to think they knew Joe Pa on a personal level and ignore everything that comes out about this. I have hated PSU my whole life but respected Joe pa as a kid. Now I feel he was a rotten pos.

It is truly shocking to me how many of their fan base/ alumni are in denial still to this day. Intelligent , educated people with kids of their own that ignore all this. Just leaves me flabbergasted. I know it is disturbing but admitting that he likely knew and covered it up does not make your time at PSU or your degree unworthy.

I graduated from Temple and all of this Cosby shit proves what a scum bag he likely was. I admit I am disappointed but it doesn't take away from the time I had at Temple or my degree. PSU fans just live in a dream world. Made watching my owls stomp them last year just that much better.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I stumbled onto the Penn State boards to see if they had become any less insane.

Just did the same. They are insane.

Yup. When Penn St came to UVA a few years back, a bunch of them were wearing anti-NCAA t-shirts because of their probation, and in chatting with some of them, they seemed rather fervent and delusional.

Yup. When Penn St came to UVA a few years back, a bunch of them were wearing anti-NCAA t-shirts because of their probation, and in chatting with some of them, they seemed rather fervent and delusional.
The NCAA got rebuked pretty hard for those sanctions, yes? They basically had to reverse everything...the $60m going to child abuse victims/prevention instead of to the NCAA.

I saw a lot of embarrassed and pissed off fans on the boards I looked at.

The depositions are pretty amazing. Apparently many assistants/coaches were aware, were told or suspected something was going on...many more than was known including Schiano. It's tough not to believe everyone around Sandusky knew something was going on......and still out of probably upwards of a hundred people no one reported it to anyone until the early 2000s. Crazy.

The new allegations about other coaches knowing make me wonder if Caldwell ever stumbled upon ol' Sandusky in the act.

Holy shit the Penn state board is delusional

I don't think I ever shared this story on the board so here goes. I was recruited by Penn State. A Penn State coach visited my high school to meet with me in the spring of my junior year. I was in the weight room when he arrived. He and I walked around campus and then went to my coach's office. We talked for a while and then the coach asked me to stand up and take off my shirt. Sensing my reluctance, he said that it was fine and that he needed to see my body structure. I did it. He touched my chest and arms. He asked me to pull down my sweatpants. Then he touched my thighs and calf muscles. No other coach had ever done anything like that.

I'd told this story dozens of times through the years when folks would ask about crazy recruiting stories. I just thought it was a weird story until the Sandusky story broke. I couldn't be certain that it was him so I called my high school football coach and asked if he remembered Sandusky visiting our school. He didn't remember either but remembered a different Penn State football coach who apparently used to show up with a stack of Polaroid pictures of high school football players wearing just underwear. My coach asked what the stack was for. The coach replied, "well, if I go back and say for example that I saw a 6'2", 210 running back, the other coaches at Penn State are going to want to verify and see pictures."

I don't think I ever shared this story on the board so here goes. I was recruited by Penn State. A Penn State coach visited my high school to meet with me in the spring of my junior year. I was in the weight room when he arrived. He and I walked around campus and then went to my coach's office. We talked for a while and then the coach asked me to stand up and take off my shirt. Sensing my reluctance, he said that it was fine and that he needed to see my body structure. I did it. He touched my chest and arms. He asked me to pull down my sweatpants. Then he touched my thighs and calf muscles. No other coach had ever done anything like that.

I'd told this story dozens of times through the years when folks would ask about crazy recruiting stories. I just thought it was a weird story until the Sandusky story broke. I couldn't be certain that it was him so I called my high school football coach and asked if he remembered Sandusky visiting our school. He didn't remember either but remembered a different Penn State football coach who apparently used to show up with a stack of Polaroid pictures of high school football players wearing just underwear. My coach asked what the stack was for. The coach replied, "well, if I go back and say for example that I saw a 6'2", 210 running back, the other coaches at Penn State are going to want to verify and see pictures."

Whoa...Now that's some weird business.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threa...e-the-allegations-against-joe-paterno.127783/

So let me get this straight. For those of you who believe the allegations against Joe Paterno.

You obviously think Joe is a despicable man. So focused on winning football games he was willing to do anything and that includes not reporting child molestation so his defensive coach can still coach….So that is your thinking right? Someone who is that despicable would certainly not chose to be that despicable only in child molestation reporting scenarios, he would also likely be despicable in many other parts of his life to gain an edge on the football field, correct?

So please explain to me why this “despicable” man had no skeletons in his closet regarding his life in any other aspect. Remember when it was discovered there was an FBI file on Joe that some media outlet get their hands on, that was going to be the Uhh Huh moment where the real truth on Joe would be exposed. Oh wait, what..That turned out to be absolutely nothing. There are more than 900 pages in Joe Paterno's FBI file, but not a single mention of Jerry Sandusky. Obviously the FBI was covering up for this despicable man otherwise we would all get to see those skeletons..... right...

Someone this despicable in their personal life no doubt had several marriages and cheating scandals. Oh wait, he married once in 1962 and remained married until his death in 2012.

This despicable man obviously willing to do anything to win no doubt would interfere with the local police when it came to protecting his football players from trouble… Oh wait…. District Judge: 'Never Once' Any Sign Paterno Tampered in Justice System I've lived and worked in State College for the past 41 years: 25 with the State College Police Department, one year of retirement, and 15 years as a magisterial district judge. The events of the past few months have disturbed my family and me, just like they have everyone else. Never once in my time as a police officer or judge has anyone in the football program asked me to cover up anything, withdraw a charge, or do something else unethical. I certainly saw a number of players get in trouble. Offenses ranged from simple summary offenses to felonies of the first degree.

When it was discovered there was a 98 incident and Jerry retired after that, uh huh.. We got you now Joe, you found out about the 98 incident and forced Jerry to retire. You hid that you knew about 98. What oh wait, Joe kept notes and a note was found before the 98 incident that plans were in the works for JS to retire before that incident.

That despicable Joe, in 2001 conspired to hide allegations against Jerry Sandusky…. Oh wait….Interview with state attorneys Frank Fina and Joe McGettigan, who prosecuted the child sexual abuse case against Jerry Sandusky. Asked whether Paterno was part of the "conspiracy to conceal," Fina said this."I do not. And -- and I -- I'm viewing this strictly on the evidence, not any kind of fealty to anybody. I did not find that evidence."

Penn State coach Paterno praised by Attorney General for acting appropriately in reporting Jerry Sandusky sex abuse suspicions

Based on the Feb. 2, 2012 subpoena directed at PSU by the US DOJ, Paterno was not a target or even mentioned. Nor did any of the information requested pertain to Paterno.

From the NCAA itself, Joe Paterno did what is required of reporting possible sexual assault.

Someone this despicable was not respected in the college football world, right and was all about winning above all else, right. Oh wait.

Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno has been named the winner of the 2011 NCAA President’s Gerald R. Ford Award.

“I am honored to present this award to coach Paterno,” Emmert said. “His ‘total-person’ approach to student-athletes, emphasizing academics and personal accountability is a terrific example of everything the NCAA stands for. Coach Paterno has distinguished himself to the world by his wins on the field, but he has endeared himself to thousands of student-athletes who have learned through his leadership that success in the classroom and in life is the greatest accomplishment.

"For me, Coach Paterno is the definitive role model of what it means to be a college coach."

Paterno’s program emphasizes academics as a constant companion to athletics. For the third consecutive year, Penn State led all FBS teams in first-team ESPN/CoSIDA Academic All-American selections. He is known for requiring his student-athletes to attend class, devote adequate time to their studies and graduate. Under his leadership, Penn State football has an 84 percent graduation rate.

A five-time National Coach of the Year, Paterno began his career at Penn State during the Truman administration and has coached through 12 presidential terms. During Paterno’s tenure, his teams have produced 16 Hall of Fame Scholar-Athletes, 47 ESPN/CoSIDA Academic All-Americans and 18 NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship winners. Penn State has had at least one Academic All-American in each of the past nine years, with 13 first-team honorees during the last four years.

In 1998 Paterno; his wife, Sue; and their five children announced a $3.5 million contribution to Penn State. The gift endows faculty positions and scholarships in the College of Liberal Arts, the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture and the University Libraries. It also supported two building projects, the interfaith spiritual center and the Penn State All-Sports Museum. The Paternos have also made a $1 million contribution to the Mount Nittany Medical Center, supporting an expansion of Centre County’s primary health facility. They have been active in the Special Olympics and in 2008 were inducted into the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Hall of Fame. Even Paterno’s iconic glasses have made a difference. In 2010 an autographed pair pulled in $9,000 to benefit Penn State Public Broadcasting.

According to the NCAA in 2011, there are 17 schools with major athletic departments (whose football teams compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision) that have never been found guilty of any major violation in any sport since 1953, when the NCAA began tracking rule violations. That's about 14% of the total. The bulk of these schools (13) are programs like Air Force, Alabama-Birmingham, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Florida Atlantic and Kent State that play in second-tier conferences where the pressure, the scrutiny, the level of recruiting and the expectations are smaller. There are only four athletic programs from major conferences on the list. They are Boston College, Northwestern, Penn State and Stanford.

So to those of you who think these allegations are true, answer this, if Joe Paterno was all about winning, to get an advantage why didn’t Joe do what the most obvious thing for major college football programs do to win, why didn’t he cheat? Someone so despicable would obviously cheat right?

Holy hell :eek:

Wi60hrI.jpg

whoa

The whole fanbase and university needed to be punished. That's the only way to reach all the people in the PSU community who let the cries of those kids fall on deaf ears.

Back