• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

burn in hell Joe Paterno you piece of shit

The whole fanbase and university needed to be punished. That's the only way to reach all the people in the PSU community who let the cries of those kids fall on deaf ears.

Sandusky has been punished. Paterno is dead. Were he alive, I'd hope he'd see his day in court as well. PSU has been hammered with civil suits. If any other coaches did, in fact, turn a blind eye while Sandusky was buggering kids, they should be punished as well.

That leaves the fan base. I am a member of the fan base. As I've shared here before, my parents are both PSU alums. What have I done wrong and how would you punish me?

This shit was all covered up so the program could continue being successful on the field and keep the fans happy. The fans perceived this to be a witch hunt and unfair. To them, this is all made up and trying to tarnish JoePa's legacy. It's because of their irrational views justice wasn't served much sooner.

Sandusky has been punished. Paterno is dead. Were he alive, I'd hope he'd see his day in court as well. PSU has been hammered with civil suits. If any other coaches did, in fact, turn a blind eye while Sandusky was buggering kids, they should be punished as well.

That leaves the fan base. I am a member of the fan base. As I've shared here before, my parents are both PSU alums. What have I done wrong and how would you punish me?

Meet me at the Kennesaw rest stop off of I-75 and I'll show you a sandusky style punishment you won't soon forget. Leave the lube at home, sweets.

What happened to "We are Penn State?"

Do you really think all the people who enabled this for years have been punished? Do you think the main reason this behavior persisted was that football was more important than simple human decency in the Penn State community?

I would punish you and the program by not letting PSU go to a bowl game for the amount of time this was covered up by JoePa and the U.

The cover up could have happened at any number of football factories, that's the sad thing. PSU just happened to hire the monster pedophile.

What happened to "We are Penn State?"

Do you really think all the people who enabled this for years have been punished? Do you think the main reason this behavior persisted was that football was more important than simple human decency in the Penn State community?

No, I don't think all of the people who enabled this for years have been punished. I stated as much when I posted that any other coaches who turned a blind eye should be punished. And yes, I think this behavior existed for years because for some in the PSU community, football was more important than simple human decency.

So, I've answered your questions, now please answer mine (which you nicely avoided). How would you punish the fan base, meaning people like me?

No, I don't think all of the people who enabled this for years have been punished. I stated as much when I posted that any other coaches who turned a blind eye should be punished. And yes, I think this behavior existed for years because for some in the PSU community, football was more important than simple human decency.

So, I've answered your questions, now please answer mine (which you nicely avoided). How would you punish the fan base, meaning people like me?

Not sure what you're asking. That was what prompted my response. Give the program the death penalty.

The cover up could have happened at any number of football factories, that's the sad thing. PSU just happened to hire the monster pedophile.

another great argument for killing college sports.

I don't even really believe that. Would an SEC team over up a coed's gang rape ? Sure. But would Bear Bryant knowingly have a pedophile for a defensive coordinator ? No fucking way. Would the first adult who found out about it probably beat the living shit out of the offender ? Probably.

I don't think I ever shared this story on the board so here goes. I was recruited by Penn State. A Penn State coach visited my high school to meet with me in the spring of my junior year. I was in the weight room when he arrived. He and I walked around campus and then went to my coach's office. We talked for a while and then the coach asked me to stand up and take off my shirt. Sensing my reluctance, he said that it was fine and that he needed to see my body structure. I did it. He touched my chest and arms. He asked me to pull down my sweatpants. Then he touched my thighs and calf muscles. No other coach had ever done anything like that.

I'd told this story dozens of times through the years when folks would ask about crazy recruiting stories. I just thought it was a weird story until the Sandusky story broke. I couldn't be certain that it was him so I called my high school football coach and asked if he remembered Sandusky visiting our school. He didn't remember either but remembered a different Penn State football coach who apparently used to show up with a stack of Polaroid pictures of high school football players wearing just underwear. My coach asked what the stack was for. The coach replied, "well, if I go back and say for example that I saw a 6'2", 210 running back, the other coaches at Penn State are going to want to verify and see pictures."

Dude, Sandusky jizzed all over your Polaroid. Not sure if that makes you famous or not.

It's not just sports...Hollywood, Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby, the Catholic priests, politicians.......on and on. It happens in families. It happens in schools. It happens all the time. People excuse it for a lot of reasons.

Apparently, a friend of mine just had it happen to his 5 year old girl (touching a dudes pecker) in his place of business by a trusted client/employee. Did he report the encounter to the police? No. It was an older kid so he reported it to the kid's parents and banned him. He didn't want to ruin the kid's life by making a big deal about it. Will the parents do anything about it? Doubtful. Deviant sexual behavior is just something most people have a hard time wrapping their heads around when confronted with it, even when it's kids. They don't understand it...don't want to deal with it, or get involved. People interpret as a one off thing that can be controlled, not something that is an addiction likely to happen repeatedly. That's the pattern I see here with PSU as well.

Given the simplicity of my question, I'm sure you knew exactly what I was asking. Thank you for answering it.

For some reason you asked a question that already had the answer. This isn't Jeopardy.

It's not just sports...Hollywood, Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby, the Catholic priests, politicians.......on and on. It happens in families. It happens in schools. It happens all the time. People excuse it for a lot of reasons.

Apparently, a friend of mine just had it happen to his 5 year old girl (touching a dudes pecker) in his place of business by a trusted client/employee. Did he report the encounter to the police? No. It was an older kid so he reported it to the kid's parents and banned him. He didn't want to ruin the kid's life by making a big deal about it. Will the parents do anything about it? Doubtful. Deviant sexual behavior is just something most people have a hard time wrapping their heads around when confronted with it, even when it's kids. They don't understand it...don't want to deal with it, or get involved. People interpret as a one off thing that can be controlled, not something that is an addiction likely to happen repeatedly. That's the pattern I see here with PSU as well.

Hold up. I don't understand your post. Did a client, employee, or older kid sexually abuse your friend's daughter?

Good post.

ETA: but I don't think the father is absolved of his responsibility to tell authorities.

Last edited:
Back