• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

burn in hell Joe Paterno you piece of shit

It's not just sports...Hollywood, Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby, the Catholic priests, politicians.......on and on. It happens in families. It happens in schools. It happens all the time. People excuse it for a lot of reasons.

Apparently, a friend of mine just had it happen to his 5 year old girl (touching a dudes pecker) in his place of business by a trusted client/employee. Did he report the encounter to the police? No. It was an older kid so he reported it to the kid's parents and banned him. He didn't want to ruin the kid's life by making a big deal about it. Will the parents do anything about it? Doubtful. Deviant sexual behavior is just something most people have a hard time wrapping their heads around when confronted with it, even when it's kids. They don't understand it...don't want to deal with it, or get involved. People interpret as a one off thing that can be controlled, not something that is an addiction likely to happen repeatedly. That's the pattern I see here with PSU as well.

How old was this older kid?

For some reason you asked a question that already had the answer. This isn't Jeopardy.

No. I didn't ask a question that already had an answer. I asked a question that required an answer. You answered it after I asked it the second time. You're usually not that helpful, but thanks for your answer.

Not sure what you're asking. That was what prompted my response. Give the program the death penalty.

This or keep football as normal but every dollar that is brought in is donated to a victim's rights charity. Death penalty is probably better though.

Do a survey of individual's thoughts on the entire ordeal. If their answers remain in denial ban them from attending any games, being on campus, or purchasing merchandise.

Their fans used to be know for the Whiteout; now they're known for the Whitewash.

It's not just sports...Hollywood, Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby, the Catholic priests, politicians.......on and on. It happens in families. It happens in schools. It happens all the time. People excuse it for a lot of reasons.

Apparently, a friend of mine just had it happen to his 5 year old girl (touching a dudes pecker) in his place of business by a trusted client/employee. Did he report the encounter to the police? No. It was an older kid so he reported it to the kid's parents and banned him. He didn't want to ruin the kid's life by making a big deal about it. Will the parents do anything about it? Doubtful. Deviant sexual behavior is just something most people have a hard time wrapping their heads around when confronted with it, even when it's kids. They don't understand it...don't want to deal with it, or get involved. People interpret as a one off thing that can be controlled, not something that is an addiction likely to happen repeatedly. That's the pattern I see here with PSU as well.

I live in a "small town" suburb of a big city and a 11 year old kid sexually abused (coerced mouth to penis) two younger children and it was never brought to authorities. Swept under the rug by a bunch of upper middle class white families to "protect" everyone involved.. I'm on the periphery of the situation but my first question is where does a kid learn that deviant behavior?

I live in a "small town" suburb of a big city and a 11 year old kid sexually abused (coerced mouth to penis) two younger children and it was never brought to authorities. Swept under the rug by a bunch of upper middle class white families to "protect" everyone involved.. I'm on the periphery of the situation but my first question is where does a kid learn that deviant behavior?

THE INTERNET!!!!....I heard that on the radio......christian radio....

Just shut up Penn state people for fucks sake

It really is incredible how many Penn St. fans believe Sandusky sexually abused boys for over 30 years with no one witnessing or hearing anything. Especially given the fact that he was the football coach-in-waiting in a small town that worships football.

I don't know why, but I stumbled onto the Penn State boards to see if they had become any less insane.

That place is living proof of why that program deserved the ax.

The whole fanbase and university needed to be punished. That's the only way to reach all the people in the PSU community who let the cries of those kids fall on deaf ears.

No. I didn't ask a question that already had an answer. I asked a question that required an answer. You answered it after I asked it the second time. You're usually not that helpful, but thanks for your answer.

Shorty, vt said the program needed the ax. I agreed and said it was a way to punish the entire community. Then you asked how the entire community could be punished. Of course such an action is what I responded to.

It really is incredible how many Penn St. fans believe Sandusky sexually abused boys for over 30 years with no one witnessing or hearing anything. Especially given the fact that he was the football coach-in-waiting in a small town that worships football.

Exactly. Do people really deny kids came back from a camp and said Sandusky watched them or touched them and it fell on deaf ears?

High likelihood that the kid was a victim of abuse himself

I wouldn't lump Polanski in with the peds.

He committed a serious crime no doubt.

And he escaped justice but I don't think he's a Sandusky

Shorty, vt said the program needed the ax. I agreed and said it was a way to punish the entire community. Then you asked how the entire community could be punished. Of course such an action is what I responded to.

Wrong. You didn't agree that the program needed the ax. You said it should be punished. I asked you how it should be punished and you obfuscated, asking two different questions. The second time I asked how it should be punished, you answered.

Pretty straight forward.

Shut it down. Don't give those fans the satisfaction of being able to cheer for their beloved team.

Just do other things to piss fans off since they deserve it. Like they can no longer be the nittany Lions, no longer use white and blue as school colors, etc...

Or play home games but with no fans there. Like they do in European soccer when the fans do something shitty.

Wrong. You didn't agree that the program needed the ax. You said it should be punished. I asked you how it should be punished and you obfuscated, asking two different questions. The second time I asked how it should be punished, you answered.

Pretty straight forward.

don't be a douche.

Back