• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network Poll

When will the ACC gets its own network?

• The ACC will announce an ACC ESPN Channel in 2016 that will air in 2018.

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • The ACC will announce an ACC ESPN Channel in 2016 that will air in 2019.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • An ACC ESPN Channel will launch sometime after 2020.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • The ACC will not get a traditional channel but will get some version of a digital streaming network.

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • There will not be an ACC Network.

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
When asked about those concerns Thursday, Swofford said he believes the conference athletic directors were comforted by what they heard from ESPN executives during meetings this week.

“That [comfort] comes with the development of what we anticipate doing,” Swofford said. “That’s why we’re doing it. That’s why ESPN is in the discussions with us. They like to make money, too. And we like to make money as well … and need to.

“I think everybody is extremely bullish [about the ACC’s future]. … We’ve just got to hit it right. We’ve got to make the right decisions. And we’re talking about decisions that are not only very important, but they’re for the long term. So getting it right is a lot more important than expediency.”

Swofford also was asked about reports that ESPN will be contractually obligated to pay the ACC $45 million (about $3 million per school) if a network is not established by July. He declined to comment.

An FSU source confirmed to Warchant previously that the school is expecting such a payment if the deal isn’t reached.

https://floridastate.n.rivals.com/n...ill-bullish-about-channel-negotiations-future

“We have had some conversations and really what the substance of it was, from this point forward, all of the communications related to that are going to come from the commissioner,” Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich told The Clemson Insider from Amelia Island. “So as we get into what we hope is the final stages of getting this done, communications will emanate from the commissioner’s office.”

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/05/12/information-on-acc-network-could-come-out-this-summer/

If you are going to have a channel, why wait?

ESPN was so successful getting the SEC Network going because they timed its launch to coincide when their major carriage deals came up for renewal. Most of those deals come up for renewal again in 2018, 2019 and 2020. So if they want to follow the same plan with the ACC then they will need to wait until those deals come up for renewal again to force carriage.

Call me shortsighted, but as a casual fan, I guess I don't really care if the flagship home of Wake Forest basketball is via streaming on ESPN3 or via streaming on ACC+ Network Alternate Channel Two.

Tempted to vote no just to spite Ranger. Attempting to influence the vote much?

If it is coming there will be hurdles to its success -- the SEC has more fans (espn non-grad fans), a better football product (what drives the bus for regular-season college athletics) and a clear delineated geographic area to target for getting a lot of subscribers. Maybe the ACC has Virginia and the Carolinas, but anywhere outside of there is a stretch.

Influence the vote? I don't care what you vote for or if you vote at all.

I just posted some of the latest articles about the ACC Network to generate some interest in the topic since the spring sports are winding down.

I no longer live in an ACC state and frankly I don't want to see an ACC network since I probably wouldn't be able to get it. Right now, I have access to all Wake games via ESPN3 and that suits me just fine. ACC Network is worse for some of us, at least how I see it.

I no longer live in an ACC state and frankly I don't want to see an ACC network since I probably wouldn't be able to get it. Right now, I have access to all Wake games via ESPN3 and that suits me just fine. ACC Network is worse for some of us, at least how I see it.

I think the main point is that the network makes everything available nationwide, like the B1G and Pac 12 has now.

Agree on the availability though. I see pretty much everything I want already so it doesn't matter to me if it ever happens.

kind of think they will do some sort of hybrid. paid channel on east coast, watchespn deal in the rest of the country.

kind of think they will do some sort of hybrid. paid channel on east coast, watchespn deal in the rest of the country.

Yeah, all the PAC12 and SEC network games are on WatchESPN, so I'm sure they would be available.

That's not exactly true -- you have to be a subscriber to SECN to get the games on WatchESPN, otherwise you are SOL. And the Pac-12 Net has nothing to do with ESPN, so the games aren't on Watch (though you can watch them digitally via other means, again if you are a subscriber)

That's not exactly true -- you have to be a subscriber to SECN to get the games on WatchESPN, otherwise you are SOL. And the Pac-12 Net has nothing to do with ESPN, so the games aren't on Watch (though you can watch them digitally via other means, again if you are a subscriber)

Oh, my bad. I do have SEC network with TWC, even though I didn't really want it. I think it's bundled with ESPNU or NFL Network. I have never watched anything on the PAC12 network, even though I have like 10 channels of it.

Back