• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preakness Saturday

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I'll be going to Boston later this week for the weekend. so I won't be able to post much. I won't need to about the Preakness.

Nyquist will be 3/5 in the morning line and justifiably so.

Don't get sucked in to thinking that Exaggerator would have caught the champ if the race was a little longer. He wouldn't have. Nyquist was geared down for the last 1/16th of a mile and still never Exaggerator. The challenger has tried every racing option to beat Nyquist other than trying to go wire-to-wire and lost each time. Exaggerator is 0-4 versus Nyquist.

It doesn't look like Songbird is going to run. Thus I can't see anyone challenging Nyquist.

Unless you willing to take 3/5 or lower, you can't bet him to win. The exacta looks cold, but is likely to pay $8.

Maybe a Pick 4 is the bet. Single Nyquist and look at the other races. Taking five horses in each of the other races would cost $62.50. Taking four is only $32. Something like three in one race and six in each of the other two, would be $54 and may provide the bigger payout possibility.

Watch and drink.

Dude, where are you? You couldn't have gotten the RJ I knew out of bed at 7:12 in the morning with either a shotgun or a blonde.

Last edited:
Dude, where are you? You couldn't have gotten the RJ knew out of bed at 7:12 in the morning with either a shotgun or a blonde.

Hard to sleep once you get old. Or if you've got boards rep to read!!!

I'll be going to Boston later this week for the weekend. so I won't be able to post much. I won't need to about the Preakness.

Nyquist will be 3/5 in the morning line and justifiably so.

Don't get sucked in to thinking that Exaggerator would have caught the champ if the race was a little longer. He wouldn't have. Nyquist was geared down for the last 1/16th of a mile and still never Exaggerator. The challenger has tried every racing option to beat Nyquist other than trying to go wire-to-wire and lost each time. Exaggerator is 0-4 versus Nyquist.

It doesn't look like Songbird is going to run. Thus I can't see anyone challenging Nyquist.

Unless you willing to take 3/5 or lower, you can't bet him to win. The exacta looks cold, but is likely to pay $8.

Maybe a Pick 4 is the bet. Single Nyquist and look at the other races. Taking five horses in each of the other races would cost $62.50. Taking four is only $32. Something like three in one race and six in each of the other two, would be $54 and may provide the bigger payout possibility.

Watch and drink.

OOOPS

Didn't bet or post a bet......Bad ride by Mario today in the slop......

Took Exaggerator to win and also boxed him in exactas with a number of others (but not the horse that actually came in 2nd).

Win bet covered the exacta wagers, so it was a wash.

Lots of shitty 3 year olds this year.

Uncle Lino and the rain rally messed this race up. But Kent did ride a great race. The question becomes does Reddam run Nyquist in the Belmont or wait for the Travers or Haskell?

Back