• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official UEFA Euro 2016 Thread

I'd be in for either but prefer a Euro only or Copa only format. Jus too many teams to deal with if it's combined.

Good point. Let's just stick to Euro since Copa starts on Friday. Who would be in for a draft starting this weekend? Should I start a separate thread just to piss Plama off.

It sucks that the Copa and the Euros are going to overlap. Copa is going to be a better tournament (I hate this massive new Euros format), but I think people probably have more name recognition with the European players and there's more teams, so it's probably going to work better for fantasy purposes.

Good point. Let's just stick to Euro since Copa starts on Friday. Who would be in for a draft starting this weekend? Should I start a separate thread just to piss Plama off.

Since I'll be home alone this weekend starting Saturday at noon. I vote yes.

I can help you run when I'm not away, but I'll be gone Monday - Saturday and then again June 29-July 9.

The Copa and the Euros are my two favorite tournaments (followed closely by the Euro U-21s). It's a little weird having Copas back to back, but I'm pumped for both -- there is going to be soccer on every day all summer with the Olympics, too. Not sure what I'd do with myself otherwise, probably read a book or something, so I'm digging it.

Obvs in for the Euro draft.

This Copa feels kinda exhibitiony to me but it helps most of the big-time players will be taking part. Maybe they're even taking this one more seriously than last year's

Long, Spielverlagerung Euro preview. Not sure about some of their projected lineups, but they'll have some good insight into how the teams will lineup and play.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/05/30/preview-euro-2016/

Holy shit you weren't joking about LOOOOOOONG.

Just read the Russia part, and they rightly fucking crushed them. Can't remember a less fun Russia team in ages - there's not even a likable character with Dzagoev out injured (Denisov is a self centered piece of shit and Dzyuba a whiny punk in particular).

Holy shit you weren't joking about LOOOOOOONG.

Just read the Russia part, and they rightly fucking crushed them. Can't remember a less fun Russia team in ages - there's not even a likable character with Dzagoev out injured (Denisov is a self centered piece of shit and Dzyuba a whiny punk in particular).

You should read the 10,000 word tome they published on their site about Empoli, of all teams. I was interested because they had studs in midfield this year and last (Zielinski, Paredes, Saponara, Valdifiori the year before, etc), and seeing Sarri's success at Napoli I was interested in him and the transition to the new guy, but it was a bit much.

Cool, does anybody (DV7???) want to co-run it with me?

Somebody else that you can PM your picks to in case you're unable to post during your upcoming pick. I think the best plan would be to start this Friday, let it sit over the weekend, and resume on Monday.

I can help with the draft through Monday around noon.

And I think you let the draft happen over the weekend with consensus "best pick available" -- so we don't dick over people -- going for players after a 2 or 3 hour drafting window has expired. If you don't use this weekend the draft won't ever be completed. You can "pause" the draft from like 9 or 10 PM until 9 or 10 AM the next day.

people should PM brasky and myself their cell #s and emails so we can contact you when it is your turn to pick.

^
^^
Agreed. I started the game thread. Going to start the draft at Noon EST on Friday.

Heard during the Belgium/Finland game that there will be more players from the Turkish Super league in the Euros than from La Liga. That seems amazing to me, but there are a lot on South Americans in La Liga

Heard during the Belgium/Finland game that there will be more players from the Turkish Super league in the Euros than from La Liga. That seems amazing to me, but there are a lot on South Americans in La Liga

Lots of central and eastern europeans play in Turkey as well (and obviously nearly the entire Turkish national team).

I think I saw on twitter that Liverpool is the most represented club in Euro 2016 with 12.

Sturridge, Hendo, Clyne, Milner, Lallana, Can, Skrtel, Mignolet, Allen, Benteke, Origi. Not sure on the 12th. Lovren and Sakho would have been two more if not for strange circumstances.

Back