• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

All I said was a single half-serious adjective...apparently that turned me into a guy that is terrified of being arrested for rape.

I should know better than to converse on these boards.

Rape and sexual assault are serious.

CkKYJxwUYAAriIn.jpg

Letter from Turner's father. Mind-blowingly tone deaf.

All I said was a single half-serious adjective...apparently that turned me into a guy that is terrified of being arrested for rape.

flippant about rape and sexual assault, yet lose your god damn mind over the nickname of a professional football team. converse away.

This was a very RJ-esque response.

Just to clarify this contentious statement, I was not suggesting, in any way, that RJ would share any of DeaconSlime's views on sexual assault or rape. I was merely suggesting that the "I should know better than to converse on these boards" was very much an RJ response in that he receives unparalleled and sometimes undeserved vitriol for posts he makes, and always then remembers that the responses he receives are not those that he might expect.

FWIW I never took your posts to mean that you personally were terrified of being accused of rape by a drunk girl. I understood the hypothetical you were raising as I think it's a pretty common thought when discussing college "date rape." Your question came off as serious rather than flippant and I hope my answers did as well.

I think the victim's letter provides a pretty good response to the question of why one of the two drunk people involved in a sexual assault is held responsible:

You said, I stupidly thought it was okay for me to do what everyone around me was doing, which was drinking. I was wrong.
Again, you were not wrong for drinking. Everyone around you was not sexually assaulting me. You were wrong for doing what nobody else was doing, which was pushing your erect dick in your pants against my naked, defenseless body concealed in a dark area, where partygoers could no longer see or protect me, and my own sister could not find me. Sipping fireball is not your crime. Peeling off and discarding my underwear like a candy wrapper to insert your finger into my body, is where you went wrong. Why am I still explaining this.

Turner should be convicted of sexual assault - he was having sex with an unconscious woman. The fact that his BAC content was 2x the legal limit to drive is irrelevant. She was unconscious (and didn't wake up for 3 hours). The fact that he was drunk does not relieve him from his responsibilities under the law.

This is an usual case because there were witnesses to the fact that he was having sex with an unconscious woman - seems pretty straightforward. Some of the discussion above about two equal drunks having sex, but only the guy having to make sure there is consent is debatable, but probably would be applicable in the context of a 'he said / she said' sexual assault / rape case, not something this straightforward.

BTW, the dad is a total tool - no question about that.

Any other dude would have gotten 20 years. The judge is a Stanford grad and an idiot for letting him off.

Here's another tone death letter from a character witness:

The worst part: Leslie said, "This is completely different from a woman getting kidnapped and raped as she is walking to her car in a parking lot. That is a rapist. These are not rapists." From what I've seen, that's not too far off from what happened. Leslie's friend, Brock, was raping an unconscious woman he did not know behind a dumpster. How is that sooo much different than kidnapping and raping someone?

No wonder this asshole felt like he was entitled to rape that woman. He's surrounded by enablers.

http://jezebel.com/brock-turners-ch...ium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Jezebel_facebook

gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAABAAEAAAICTAEAOw==

cnlikr1n1vyoikrb4oqx.JPG

Here's another tone death letter from a character witness:

The worst part: Leslie said, "This is completely different from a woman getting kidnapped and raped as she is walking to her car in a parking lot. That is a rapist. These are not rapists." From what I've seen, that's not too far off from what happened. Leslie's friend, Brock, was raping an unconscious woman he did not know behind a dumpster. How is that sooo much different than kidnapping and raping someone?

No wonder this asshole felt like he was entitled to rape that woman. He's surrounded by enablers.

http://jezebel.com/brock-turners-ch...ium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Jezebel_facebook

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

ETA: meant that with respect to this Leslie person, not ph.

Holy shit. That character witness doesn't want his life affected for the next 10 years for a decision she (the victim) made? WTF is wrong with these people. Agree with Ph and why this guy is such a self-absorbed asshole.

Back