• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

Kinda blows my mind that anybody would be a character witness for an accused rapist. It's not like there's a defined profile of a rapist that you know your friend isn't. Her comment about knowing 5 guys from her high school who she thought could be rapist was horrible.

Kinda blows my mind that anybody would be a character witness for an accused rapist. It's not like there's a defined profile of a rapist that you know your friend isn't. Her comment about knowing 5 guys from her high school who she thought could be rapist was horrible.

Weren't you in Durham in 2007?

Pretty sure by any legal definition I committed rape the 2nd day of college after doing a power hour with a 110 pound girl. Guess I'm lucky she didn't have an issue with it the next day. I also did stop once I realized she had passed out.

Yeah, and even if you're going to write a letter as a character witness, don't go off on some thesis about the ills of society. Stick to what you know about the person, ask for forgiveness for the part that you're shocked by, then STFU.

Thank god Marty McFly stopped Biff Tannen in that car outside the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance. I don't think ol' Biff would be able to live with himself otherwise.

Pretty sure by any legal definition I committed rape last night after doing a power hour with a 110 pound girl. Guess I'm lucky she didn't have an issue with it the next day. I also did stop once I realized she had passed out.

FIFY

My band has a gig around SMU coming up, and we were opining about introducing ourselves to all the college kids as Brock Turner & The Finger Blasters. Would probably go over the heads of everybody there.

My band has a gig around SMU coming up, and we were opining about introducing ourselves to all the college kids as Brock Turner & The Finger Blasters. Would probably go over the heads of everybody there.

Or the women could band together and cut your balls off with broken bottles.

Yeah, and even if you're going to write a letter as a character witness, don't go off on some thesis about the ills of society. Stick to what you know about the person, ask for forgiveness for the part that you're shocked by, then STFU.

Thank god Marty McFly stopped Biff Tannen in that car outside the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance. I don't think ol' Biff would be able to live with himself otherwise.

Sooooo....I don't like Leslie Rasmussen thought this through.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rner-calls-verdict-political-correctness.html

Ends up she's a drummer in an Indie band with her sisters and they're getting blacklisted.

Jean Carson wrote on Facebook: 'Drop Good English. What will this one band cost your business? And a protest, in your venue? This could be VERY bad. Do the right thing -- actions have consequences.
'The consequence of drinking too much is a hangover, NOT rape. What is the consequence of a band publicly supporting a CONVICTED rapist? And what is the consequence of hosting that band in your bar?
While Caitlin Gaspar commented: 'Good English has gotta go. Since when did girl bands start supporting rapists? They are an embarrassment and offense to your line up. I look forward to seeing you've resolved the situation, aka dropped 'em.'
All-sister trio Good English have quickly become toxic and all their gigs at Brooklyn's Northside music festival have now been completely scrapped.
A sales and operations manager at one of the venues Industry City Distillery told the Gothamist: 'We have zero tolerance for the act itself, for anyone that would seek to defend that act, and certainly for the sentencing, which seems incredibly light.'

They should play at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/us/stanford-rape-case-court-documents/index.html

Just after 1 a.m. on January 18, 2015, law enforcement officers responded to a report of an unconscious female in a field near the Kappa Alpha fraternity house, according to a sentencing memo.
They found the victim on the ground, in a fetal position, behind a garbage dumpster. She was breathing but unresponsive. Her dress was pulled up to her waist. Her underwear was on the ground; her hair disheveled and covered with pine needles.
About 25 yards away, two men, passers-by, had pinned down and restrained a young man who was later identified as Turner.
"We found him on top of the girl!" one of the men said. Turner smelled of alcohol as he was handcuffed.
One of the men later told authorities that Turner had been on top of the motionless woman.
"Hey, she's f------ unconscious!" one of the men yelled. Turner managed to get away briefly but the man tripped and later tackled him. Turner was held down until deputies arrived.
After the assault, detectives saw a text message on Turner's cell phone referring to breasts, according to the sentencing memo. The message said, "WHOS T-- IS THAT". It was sent in the early morning hours the day of the assault. Before that text, a photo was sent to a group via a third party app called GroupMe.
Prosecutors included a screen grab of the exchange in the sentencing memo.
Investigators obtained a search warrant for Turner's phone but were unable to retrieve the alleged photo because GroupMe "images are not stored on the phone and can be deleted by a third member in the group," the document said.
A witness told investigators that the day of the assault "he saw a female subject lying on the ground behind the dumpster... He also noticed a male subject standing over her with a cell phone. He was holding the cell phone. The cell phone had a bright light pointed in the direction of the female, using either a flashlight app in his phone or its built-in flash."

The sentencing memo said that the victim's sister was "caught completely off guard" when Turner tried to kiss her the night of the assault. She alerted a friend after Turner grabbed her waist and later picked him out of a lineup as the "aggressive" man at the party.
After being twice rejected by her sister, Turner went after the victim when she was "alone and inebriated."
Turner took the victim to a dimly lit, isolated area and sexually assaulted her behind a dumpster.
"This behavior is not typical assaultive behavior that you find on campus, but it is more akin to a predator who is searching for prey," the prosecutor wrote.

Sources: BU regents to vote on 1-year suspension for Briles

It's unclear if there are enough votes to bring back Briles as football coach at Baylor in 2017. But the push to have the regents vote on a one-year suspension for Briles on Monday is being driven by some of the biggest big-money donors at the school - many of whom helped fund BU's $300 million football stadium that opened in 2014, sources told HD.

Disgusting enough in itself, but just bungling the entire thing by first demoting Starr, then "letting" him resign. Briles getting fired and now this news that their Board of Regents will consider a one year suspension just keeps this flowing in the news cycle when they need it to die a quiet death. Just helps Texas and also A & M plus others with future recruits, plus other high quality students who will go elsewhere.

Its all about the money, filling the new stadium, keeping the recruits and not going back to sucking forever.

Disgusting enough in itself, but just bungling the entire thing by first demoting Starr, then "letting" him resign. Briles getting fired and now this news that their Board of Regents will consider a one year suspension just keeps this flowing in the news cycle when they need it to die a quiet death. Just helps Texas and also A & M plus others with future recruits, plus other high quality students who will go elsewhere.

The Starr situation may have to do with the various contracts and provisions for the multitude of positions he had. We just don't know what level of "protection" and required process for removal that Starr had in each of his positions. University Pres may be an "at the pleasure of the board" position, while his contract to serve as Chancellor may have had significantly more protection.There was probably significant negotiation and possible compensation for his agreement to "resign." as Chancellor.

One of the things that goes with a tenured professorship is significant protection from removal. So he is still at Baylor as a professor of law. This may not last through the summer, but it may take multiple lawyers and some faculty meetings to convince Starr to resign this position.

Last edited:
If NCAA had and balls or any morals, they'd give Briles a ten year show cause with no appeals for five years.

BU needs to be able to fire Briles "with cause" to avoid paying him, and he has his lawyers lined up building a case to demonstrate there was no cause. And frankly, there hasn't been any wrongdoing alleged specifically to Briles or anybody else for that matter apart from one unnamed assistant coach. It's just one big PR nightmare handled poorly from top to bottom by pretty much everybody involved. Baylor needs to get savvy with some details from the P-H investigation to justify his dismissal or, if there isn't anything, his one year suspension.

He knew about multiple sexual assaults by his players and did nothing. He even allowed a couple of them to continue playing. He recruited players who were dismissed for sexual assault accusations at previous schools.

How you can defend this guy is beyond my comprehension.

Back