• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

Easy call. Baylor wants to keep Art Briles, and they hope that getting rid of Starr will be enough for that to happen.

Another institution of higher learning where athletics rule the roost.

Briles is going to cost them more in lawsuits than he will make them in football revenue.

LOL @ RJ and others having a circle jerk 20 years after MonicaGate at Starr's fall (I'm guessing he'll just be reassigned lest BU enjoy a lawsuit from Starr). Starr is the least culpable of all people involved. The truth is nobody knows shit yet apart from speculation, but if all the worst is to be assumed, then there is collusion between the football program, the campus PD, and the Waco PD and an effort to keep stuff squashed (in fairness, a number of big programs are going to have a preexisting relationship with the local PD, but it's usually to be tipped off to DUIs or pot busts). Starr is obviously being trotted out as the fall guy, but Baylor is being idiotic if it thinks it can fire him and nobody else. Firing him is an admission that it fucked up, and to admit that it fucked up by firing Starr is a tacit acknowledgement that other, more directly involved people should be canned as well. Why they don't circle the wagons is beyond me. Either they all go or none go.

Another factor in this is there are a lot of people in the Big XII who have a vested interest in seeing the best coach in the league take an early retirement. He and Patterson have no love lost for each other. Stoops is tired of having his ass handed to him. You can be sure that powerful Texas alumni are happy to push this, as well as some folks in Aggieland.

Ironic that Ken Starr spent tens of millions to prosecute Clinton for lying about a BJ but wantonly ignored repeated sexual assaults by football players at Baylor. The ESPN stories told of victims contacting his office directly and him doing nothing. This included a repeat offender. He knew about this for many years and did nothing.

I hope they bankrupt that rat bastard. He is a total POS.

Just so we're clear, are you saying that Clinton didn't lie under oath in court? Or does it just stop being perjury based on the subject matter?

LOL @ RJ and others having a circle jerk 20 years after MonicaGate at Starr's fall (I'm guessing he'll just be reassigned lest BU enjoy a lawsuit from Starr). Starr is the least culpable of all people involved. The truth is nobody knows shit yet apart from speculation, but if all the worst is to be assumed, then there is collusion between the football program, the campus PD, and the Waco PD and an effort to keep stuff squashed (in fairness, a number of big programs are going to have a preexisting relationship with the local PD, but it's usually to be tipped off to DUIs or pot busts). Starr is obviously being trotted out as the fall guy, but Baylor is being idiotic if it thinks it can fire him and nobody else. Firing him is an admission that it fucked up, and to admit that it fucked up by firing Starr is a tacit acknowledgement that other, more directly involved people should be canned as well. Why they don't circle the wagons is beyond me. Either they all go or none go.

Another factor in this is there are a lot of people in the Big XII who have a vested interest in seeing the best coach in the league take an early retirement. He and Patterson have no love lost for each other. Stoops is tired of having his ass handed to him. You can be sure that powerful Texas alumni are happy to push this, as well as some folks in Aggieland.

Agree with this. This is also why the idea of WF being kicked out of the ACC because WF's recent struggles in football and basketball is off the mark. Clemson and Florida State hated it when WF was a threat and love it when they can bring their C game and still win comfortably. Much better for those schools to get NC shots when WF is guaranteed win. If/when WF get back to the point when WF is not an automatic win in football complaining will start up again.

Hell, wouldn't surprise me that Texas is pushing to fire him so that they can try and hire him in 5 years. Like Baylor, they don't give a damn about anything but winning.

Like I said, they should've circled the wagons...

Joe Schad tweeting that Baylor’s Kenneth Starr has asked the board to release the entire Pepper Hamilton report, not paraphrased excerpts.

Like I said, they should've circled the wagons...

Joe Schad tweeting that Baylor’s Kenneth Starr has asked the board to release the entire Pepper Hamilton report, not paraphrased excerpts.

Just read this too. Sounds like he won't go quietly and might bring down the ship

Also it's crazy to think this is nothing compared to the Bliss and Koresh nonsense. Something about Waco

Also it's crazy to think this is nothing compared to the Bliss and Koresh nonsense. Something about Waco

Uh, I'd say the Bliss and Koresh nonsense are significantly worse. Dr. Pepper is fucking awesome, but it doesn't make somebody go that crazy.

Just so we're clear, are you saying that Clinton didn't lie under oath in court? Or does it just stop being perjury based on the subject matter?

I'm saying it was a persecution not a prosecution. Monica had nothing to do with Whitewater. Starr was a man consumed with power and wasted tens of millions of dollars on nothing.

Yes, he lied, but who gives a shit if someone lies about a BJ. At that time I was doing business in about eight countries. No one could understand why anyone would be investigating a POTUS about sex. They were appalled.

To them and me, it was an attempted coup by the GOP and a wild man who was power hungry.

ESPN reporting it on their main page now also.

I'm saying it was a persecution not a prosecution. Monica had nothing to do with Whitewater. Starr was a man consumed with power and wasted tens of millions of dollars on nothing.

Yes, he lied, but who gives a shit if someone lies about a BJ. At that time I was doing business in about eight countries. No one could understand why anyone would be investigating a POTUS about sex. They were appalled.

To them and me, it was an attempted coup by the GOP and a wild man who was power hungry.

So perjury isn't perjury if it's about a BJ? Again, I'm just trying to make sure we're clear here.

Back