• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

LOL @ RJ and others having a circle jerk 20 years after MonicaGate at Starr's fall (I'm guessing he'll just be reassigned lest BU enjoy a lawsuit from Starr). Starr is the least culpable of all people involved. The truth is nobody knows shit yet apart from speculation, but if all the worst is to be assumed, then there is collusion between the football program, the campus PD, and the Waco PD and an effort to keep stuff squashed (in fairness, a number of big programs are going to have a preexisting relationship with the local PD, but it's usually to be tipped off to DUIs or pot busts). Starr is obviously being trotted out as the fall guy, but Baylor is being idiotic if it thinks it can fire him and nobody else. Firing him is an admission that it fucked up, and to admit that it fucked up by firing Starr is a tacit acknowledgement that other, more directly involved people should be canned as well. Why they don't circle the wagons is beyond me. Either they all go or none go.

Another factor in this is there are a lot of people in the Big XII who have a vested interest in seeing the best coach in the league take an early retirement. He and Patterson have no love lost for each other. Stoops is tired of having his ass handed to him. You can be sure that powerful Texas alumni are happy to push this, as well as some folks in Aggieland.

Starr KNEW about the sexual assaults and rapes and covered them up. There is a paper trail from the victims to his office. Starr and Briles should have been fired long ago.

Someone I know brought up this morning pre-firing that if the report has info to clear Briles it would have already been out. Makes sense he is gone, should have happened a while ago

Also reports that the investigation report is coming out today

So perjury isn't perjury if it's about a BJ? Again, I'm just trying to make sure we're clear here.

Stop being a lawyer. I never such a thing.

But the reality is it wouldn't have been prosecuted or are all the perjuries in divorce cases prosecuted?

Starr had gone wild to even investigate this. It had less than nothing to do with Watergate.

Baylor has seen its last days as a relevant football program for a long time. There will be a bunch of HS class of 2017 (and maybe even class of 2016) recruits on the market. Baylor without Art Briles is not a very attractive option.

Someone I know brought up this morning pre-firing that if the report has info to clear Briles it would have already been out. Makes sense he is gone, should have happened a while ago

Also reports that the investigation report is coming out today

Is there the possibility of criminal prosecution?

Is there the possibility of criminal prosecution?

Depending on what is revealed, it wouldnt surprise me

Now it really just depends on whether Baylor releases full report or not (or if someone else gets their hands on it)

Starr refusing to be fall man yesterday is telling

Baylor has seen its last days as a relevant football program for a long time. There will be a bunch of HS class of 2017 (and maybe even class of 2016) recruits on the market. Baylor without Art Briles is not a very attractive option.

Good points. Add to those points the level of attacks Texas, A&M. LSU, OU and others will make about the school to future recruits. Killers in basketball, rapists in football, is this where you want your son to go?

Good points. Add to those points the level of attacks Texas, A&M. LSU, OU and others will make about the school to future recruits. Killers in basketball, rapists in football, is this where you want your son to go?

The negative recruiting will definitely be in effect.

I wouldnt be surprised if this also hurts short term enrollment

It will hurt more than just football. General applications too. Would you want your daughter to go there?

It will hurt more than just football. General applications too. Would you want your daughter to go there?

Absolutely not. This will cost then 8-9 figures. It will also cost them donors.

The news conference today will be interesting. And again so will the contents of the Hamilton report

If Baylor is smart, now that Starr and Briles are gone they release the full report and keep lopping heads

Could be some federal issues for the school too if it turns out they were willingly ignoring women's safety to protect athletics and football righht?

The news conference today will be interesting. And again so will the contents of the Hamilton report

If Baylor is smart, now that Starr and Briles are gone they release the full report and keep lopping heads

Agree. Their only hope of coming out of this without being utterly obliterated is to clean house thoroughly and to reveal all.

Agree. Their only hope of coming out of this without being utterly obliterated is to clean house thoroughly and to reveal all.

Again. For the second time in a decade.

This is absurd. Maybe Baylor athletics should sit the next few years out.

Again. For the second time in a decade.

This is absurd. Maybe Baylor athletics should sit the next few years out.

I mean I know what the Death Penalty did to SMU but as you said Baylor has pushed the envelope here. Murder coverups and rape coverups. All for athletics

I mean I know what the Death Penalty did to SMU but as you said Baylor has pushed the envelope here. Murder coverups and rape coverups. All for athletics

Yeah quite frankly I don't care what it does to Baylor long term. If even half of the allegations are true it should be the death penalty.

This goes beyond sports and Baylor should take a long hard look at themselves while they're being prohibited from competing in the NCAA for a couple years. Let all the athletes transfer and play right away at another school.

Back