• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

No, this is a situation where high school football didn't turn boys into men. It turned them into criminals. And their coaches and administrators who also played high school football also turned out to be total shitheads.

odd

OTL just re-aired an interview with a victim who stated she met personally with Ken Starr who did NOTHING thereafter.

He told her what happened to her was a "miscarriage of justice". He promised to help her and then abandoned her.

Well, ELC? Is the victim not direct evidence enough for you?

Not outright firing Ken Starr shows a glaring lack of morals by the Baylor management group.

Last edited:
OTL just re-aired an interview with a victim who stated she met personally with Ken Starr who did NOTHING thereafter.

He told her what happened to her was a "miscarriage of justice". He promised to help her and then abandoned her.

Not outright firing Ken Starr shows a glaring lack of morals by the Baylor management group.

How do you know he "did NOTHING."

I'm thinking the Baylor U Board of Regents has their hands on all of the facts of the situation to date and has some reason for not outright terminating Starr yet. It could be that they are still investigating deeper, or it could be that in spite of your omniscience concerning the facts of the situation that there aren't facts that corroborate that he "did NOTHING."

I'd say their decisiveness in removing Briles shows they aren't fucking around on this matter, so I'm inclined to think they simply don't have enough to terminate Starr completely. They clearly had enough to demote him, which makes me think it's just a matter of time before the wheels of justice grind Starr up.

It kinda goes without saying that other schools may want to wait before accepting Baylor transfers who may be accused of sexual assault as the dust settles.

Bobby Petrino already making calls.

As I recall, that victim actually went through the Title IX process and lost, whatever that means. Her seeing Starr was a part of the appeals process at some point after she had actually graduated (which was spring of 2015). What it isn't direct evidence of is what you said, which was...

The report is irrelevant. We know multiple victims tried to get assistance form Starr and were rebuffed. We know that Starr knew about the sexual attacks and did nothing. It's amazing that would support anyone who stood by and allowed innocent girls to be attacked and raped, kept silent and did nothing.

God forbid, RJ, her story may actually back up what Starr has said, which is that he became aware of the issue in the fall of 2015. The report was commissioned about that time, IIRC.

Now it could turn out that what you have said is correct. Maybe Ken Starr was also personally raping these girls himself and blaming it on the football players and Art Briles. But we don't know that and you don't know that. Yet.

Last edited:

Generic and light on details. BU struggled to implement an efficient and T9 compliant organization. Football program did too much internal disciplining.

The only thing interesting in there was the suggestion that BU's alcohol policy was a barrier to folks reporting sexual assault.

Any NFL team that tries to hire Briles will get weeks of unrelenting attacks. For at least the first year, and maybe more, every road game post game press conference will start with "How did you decide to hire a coach who allowed multiple rapists to play for him?"

Which team will want that?

they'll just wear more pink for breast cancer awareness.

That's my thought. How do you just leave that guy on the payroll?

Initial impression is they can't keep him as President for obvious reasons, but they struggled to keep up with T9/Clery regs and requirements like a lot of schools do, and that responsibility ultimately falls on the school President since he is the chief administrator. His other positions have nothing to do with running stuff like T9 compliance.

Back