• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

"Yeah Billy Bob we know your precious Bubba Jean was gang raped by some of our football players, but they's too good a football players for this to get out, so how bout some lifetime season tickets in one of the luxury boxes at our new digs, okay?"

Leave me out of this.

hqdefault.jpg

What's even more appalling than Starr still having a job is that the coach of two players who are in jail for rape/sexual assault and a third who is going on trial for sex crimes is going to be the interim HC. That's insane.

What's even more appalling than Starr still having a job is that the coach of two players who are in jail for rape/sexual assault and a third who is going on trial for sex crimes is going to be the interim HC. That's insane.

I doubt any of the coaches last. But they have FB players, who have done nothing, who need a coach. You can't just pull the rug out from all those players, unless you are planning oncaccelling the season and letting them transfer

My guess is Bennett is coach a very short time

Got to imagine there will be active investigation into sexual assaults during the season.

You know Ronnie and Nate have major wood over this story. Yeah we may terrible, but, but, but CULTURE!

(That said, I would be mortified if something like this ever happened at wake. I'd rather be 2-10 in football and never make the ncaa hoops tourney again)

You know Ronnie and Nate have major wood over this story. Yeah we may terrible, but, but, but CULTURE!

(That said, I would be mortified if something like this ever happened at wake. I'd rather be 2-10 in football and never make the ncaa hoops tourney again)
I think people often express outage like in your first point, but never think about how fucking mortified and enraged we'd all be if it ever happened here. There are bad kids at every school and people make mistakes, but there is no excuse for covering up horrific crimes.

Yet that's what the Today Show story was about, a university covering up sexual assault by athletes. Wellman spun that into blaming the players and coach even though his investigation found nothing.

I doubt any of the coaches last. But they have FB players, who have done nothing, who need a coach. You can't just pull the rug out from all those players, unless you are planning oncaccelling the season and letting them transfer

My guess is Bennett is coach a very short time

But you don't the guy who has two major players in jail for decades and his best pass rusher waiting to be tried for charges that could put him away for 20-40 years become your HC. It's totally insane.

But you don't the guy who has two major players in jail for decades and his best pass rusher waiting to be tried for charges that could put him away for 20-40 years become your HC. It's totally insane.

Huh? Briles has been fired. They have an INTERIM coach in place. I don't get your point

Huh? Briles has been fired. They have an INTERIM coach in place. I don't get your point

They named the coach who was responsible for protecting three of the rapists HC. He was the closest coach to the criminals and Baylor made him the HC. That's despicable.

They named the coach who was responsible for protecting three of the rapists HC. He was the closest coach to the criminals and Baylor made him the HC. That's despicable.

I guess we just see his interim tag differently. As I already said I don't think he makes it to the season.

We also don't know his role in the whole thing. I mean the whole staff probably needs to go, but for all we know Bennett could have never been mentioned in the report.

But I see your point, and again I don't expect him there very long

And it was for what, all of three days that he was the interim coach?

Back