• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sexual Assault Ignored at Baylor

My son had had considered attending law school at Baylor a couple years back.... looks to be a good call that he did not. :eek:

He "resigned" as Chancellor, but somehow kept his job as a "law" professor. That's a disgrace.

I would suspect there were multiple contract positions and provisions in Ken Starr's employment at Baylor. Each has to be worked out. There are probably compensation, limitations of liability, legal defense etc issues being worked out as he leaves each position. Don't really think he is going to stay at Baylor when all is worked through.

He "resigned" as Chancellor, but somehow kept his job as a "law" professor. That's a disgrace.

I would guess that his contract include tenure at the law school, Given that he was previously a tenured law professor at Pepperdine

I would guess that his contract include tenure at the law school, Given that he was previously a tenured law professor at Pepperdine

I'm sure there are morals clauses even tenure agreements.

This is gross. Starr admits seeing an email from a victim in an niter view then his crisis management coach interrupts the interview and asks him to answer it again

http://deadspin.com/ken-starr-faceplants-when-confronted-with-email-showing-1780263253

He first said "I honestly may have, I'm not denying that I saw it". It was a very poorly worded response. We all see how terrible he is at interviews, and you can tell he's also telling the truth when he says "I get a lot of emails" and "I have no recollection of seeing it... none". So I don't really think his first statement was an admission of seeing the email, which is probably why his press coach immediately jumped in and realized that would be misinterpreted. I'm sure Wellman / Hatch have gotten a ton of choicely worded emails that he simply glazed over or never bothered to read.

He first said "I honestly may have, I'm not denying that I saw it". It was a very poorly worded response. We all see how terrible he is at interviews, and you can tell he's also telling the truth when he says "I get a lot of emails" and "I have no recollection of seeing it... none". So I don't really think his first statement was an admission of seeing the email, which is probably why his press coach immediately jumped in and realized that would be misinterpreted. I'm sure Wellman / Hatch have gotten a ton of choicely worded emails that he simply glazed over or never bothered to read.

You can't be serious

You can't be serious

I get that everyone hates Starr for the whole Clinton thing, but yeah... I think it is possible his first statement wasn't meant to imply that he saw the email. I got the impression (and so did his handler) that he just totally botched trying to say he couldn't say with certainty that he hadn't received it. The fact that he needs a handler is completely suspect in itself... and I honestly can't really believe he would miss an email with I WAS RAPED in the title. But I don't even get that many emails and I miss some all the time. I know plenty of others who can't manage their inbox either.

Yeah. Everyone can miss emails. I would hope Starr had an admin in charge of making sure he saw the most important emails though.

I get that everyone hates Starr for the whole Clinton thing, but yeah... I think it is possible his first statement wasn't meant to imply that he saw the email. I got the impression (and so did his handler) that he just totally botched trying to say he couldn't say with certainty that he hadn't received it. The fact that he needs a handler is completely suspect in itself... and I honestly can't really believe he would miss an email with I WAS RAPED in the title. But I don't even get that many emails and I miss some all the time. I know plenty of others who can't manage their inbox either.

Yeah. Everyone can miss emails. I would hope Starr had an admin in charge of making sure he saw the most important emails though.

Oh I get that he gets lots of emails. But the fact that "I get lots of emails" was his third answer, and the fact that the email was titled "I got raped at Baylor" and it was in the midst of a trial of a student athlete and candlelight vigils being held in his front yard, I find it hard to believe he didn't see it or didn't know

Plus I'm not gonna believe anything you say on camera if it takes a PR coach interrupting the interview twice to answer a question. The middle section was the worst.

"Was that ok?" Looking at handler

"Don't look at me, look at her"

You'd think a PR handler would know what would look good and what doesn't. I wonder if they didn't have some sort of agreement in place with the station pre interview. Regardless, the substance of his response didn't change. And an investigation was still initiated that fall, which is when the email was sent. Would be curious to know the exact date.

ETA-- Report commissioned in August 2015, her e-mail was sent in November.
----------
Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Back