• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC/Big 10 Challenge

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
They are releasing matchups now. Looks like we are playing at Northwestern.

They were decent last year, 20-12, 78 KP, 8-10 in B10. Losing 2 important players in leading scorer and 3rd leading scorer and leading rebounder.

I believe everything has been released via Twitter but I don't care enough to combine all of that. I'll post a link when one comes up with everything in one place.

Did this news come earlier than last year or did nobody care to speculate about matchups?

There are rumors this could be the last ACC-Big Ten Challenge. The Big Ten is leaning toward a Fox/NBC combo for their tv package ending their relationship with ESPN. If that happens, the ACC may go to a 20 game schedule rather than start a new Challenge with another conference.

Did this news come earlier than last year or did nobody care to speculate about matchups?

I think I heard the matchups were announced on May 13th last year, so a little later this year, actually.

There are rumors this could be the last ACC-Big Ten Challenge. The Big Ten is leaning toward a Fox/NBC combo for their tv package ending their relationship with ESPN. If that happens, the ACC may go to a 20 game schedule rather than start a new Challenge with another conference.

If this is the end of the ACC-Big10 challenge, what about an ACC-SEC challenge? There are already some natural rivalries that could be exploited: Florida - FSU/Miami; Clemson-SCar; GA - GaTech. And that Magnolia League premier matchup of Wake - Vany.

They were decent last year, 20-12, 78 KP, 8-10 in B10. Losing 2 important players in leading scorer and 3rd leading scorer and leading rebounder.

As my other alma mater, I'm a pretty casual Northwestern fan...while this is true I think the general consensus is that they will be better next year than this past one. Big picture, Collins has the program trending up; people are excited (relatively, of course).

So the ACC-ACC Challenge.

If this is the end of the ACC-Big10 challenge, what about an ACC-SEC challenge? There are already some natural rivalries that could be exploited: Florida - FSU/Miami; Clemson-SCar; GA - GaTech. And that Magnolia League premier matchup of Wake - Vany.

All of those teams already play each other outside of WF/Vandy. Just not much juice for SEC Basketball match ups other than KY.

I wonder if the conference would agree for basketball what Wake and Carolina are doing in football - have schools playing but the game not considered as a conference game. That would allow traditional rivals to continue to play home & home but free up a game (or 2) for other schools.

That could be much better ! Play more of your own competition instead of the little guys.

From what I've heard ESPN is not going to lose the Big Ten

From what I've heard ESPN is not going to lose the Big Ten

But the B10 did sign a $250 million per year deal with Fox to show 25 football games & 50 bball games per year thru 2022. They were at the end of their 10 year football deal with ESPN and 6 year bball only deal with CBS.

67127514.jpg

All of those teams already play each other outside of WF/Vandy. Just not much juice for SEC Basketball match ups other than KY.

Agree. Maybe an East v West, Atlantic v. Pacific theme with the ACC v. Pac12, or whatever number they are now. That might sell. Big 10 v. ACC is definitely tired.

Back