• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe to Baylor

So has it been announced that we are honoring the 2006 ACC Champions at the Cuse game?

It's a Baylor bye week.

I hope we invite all the shitty QBs from that year's ACC as well. I will personally shake Reggie Ball's hand

Grobe is totally a dead man walking. He needs to win 11 games and his bowl to have a shot at keeping his job. He failed in keeping enough of the recruiting class to have a real chance at keeping his job and then he is now dealing with a new AD. Yikes.

Grobe is totally a dead man walking. He needs to win 11 games and his bowl to have a shot at keeping his job. He failed in keeping enough of the recruiting class to have a real chance at keeping his job and then he is now dealing with a new AD. Yikes.

No shit, he's an interim coach. Getting paid over a mil for 8 months of work is a pretty good gig.

Yea, but not a bad gig for the $1,000,000 and as of now there is just no way to be successful to what they have been used to! Baylor is down to about 70 scholarship players after the departure of last year's starting QB Stidham. Plus prior starting QB Russell missed most of the spring with an injury. 70 players on schollie really hurts the depth as USC found out the last few years. They have lost about 12 signees from this recruiting class. Baylor lost 4 starting DL from last season and one that was projected to start this year is academically ineligible. [they weren't really known as a defensive team anyway] Based on their typical weak schedule, 8 wins is still doable.

This is why I am so curious to see how he recruits. If he wants the job, he'll have to recruit hard and well. Does he still have that in him, or does the golf course beckon? If he is resigned to being an interim coach, he'll take his year and million and talk about the "recruiting puddle" caused by their scandal. He's got tons of schollies and PT to sell. What will he do with it?

Baylor announces that none of its assistant coaches will be doing interviews this fall. Only interim head coach Jim Grobe.

So is Baylor's strategy that Grobe will be the public face until this blows over? Meanwhile the assistants will recruit and handle everything on the field until either an assistant is promoted to head coach in 2017 or a new head coach is hired to clean house?

More power to Grobe, I guess, but there isn't much honor in this obvious cash grab.

lol what?

I was basing that comment on Ph's assessment of the situation. There are worse ways to make a lot of money, but being the lame duck, public face of a shamed program like Baylor wasn't how I expected Grobe to go out.

Back