• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Our next two opponents have score 49 points or more in their opening game. We scored 7 against one of the worst teams in the country. Come on Claw get an offense to go with your defense.

Duke playing NC Central shows us nothing, NC Central is on the level with Mississippi Valley State that Eastern Michigan put 61 points on today. Not saying I expect to beat Duke next week by any means, but Tulane would beat NC Central just as bad most likely.

Hard to say which was dirtier between the late hit at the end of the LSU-Wisconsin game or that USC player stomping on the groin of the Bama guy. Fortunately, both players were ejected.

We really need a meltdown thread. I about shot my beer through my nose reading this on the OU boards...

Two days ago, people were comparing Riley to Barry Switzer in a thread on this board.

I can't stop laughing.

Switzer would call a better game today at age 78, with a bourbon in each hand and a skank blowing his bugle.

On the field.

Great... Moosebooger calling the Clemson game. Why hasn't he been retired

People complain about these old announcers, but who do you want instead? Over the top Gus Johnson? Horrible Joe Tessitore?

So Bama is still pretty good.

Also, I'm curious what will happen when guys like Marv Albert, Al Michaels, Brent Musberger, and Verne Lubdquist finally hang it up. Not many young guys out there with big game chops.

Someone who's less abrasive and annoying. It doesn't really matter. Vanilla suits me better than him.

I understand, he can be annoying. Joe Tess is the one who drives me crazy. I once was trying to listen to a tv game from another room with him announcing. He gave no details. He assumes everyone watching has sight. He could never exist on radio.

Dammit, Bama is as good as ever.

Actually, QB looks like an upgrade. Couple that with the fact that LSU has an inept offensive coordinator and it's another SEC West for the Tide. Most interesting story of the season is if LSU will implode and who will replace Les. No way they should have lost that game today.

Add Florida and Kentucky to the list of SEC crap.

True, but B10 has shown all you need is a team or two at the top to get into the playoff while the rest of your conference can be mediocre. SEC will be in there, rest assured.

Back