• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Agreed but the main SEC homer argument has been the top to bottom best. That myth is gone.

I really never pay that much attention to bowl games, but I remember thinking it odd that So. Cal came out so flat in their bowl game with a new coach last year. And before that losing easily in the PAC12 championship game. Filed it away with questions about Helton. Looks like my instincts were right.

Agreed but the main SEC homer argument has been the top to bottom best. That myth is gone.

Parity really rules the day now. Especially shows in week one when teams have all summer to prepare for their opener. Look no further than Houston.

Alabama looks scary. Also, Clemson's O-line has been roughed up this half and game in general.

Clemson doesn't look impressive and Auburn and their offense are literally shitting the bed every chance they get. Every time a qb gets good momentum going they get yanked from the game.

Not sure what Gus Malzahn is trying to do..Early in the third quarter you take the field goal

Auburn just needs to stop giving the ball to Jeremy Johnson. The other guys are doing alright. Johnson gets booed constantly and isn't producing

Auburn just needs to stop giving the ball to Jeremy Johnson. The other guys are doing alright. Johnson gets booed constantly and isn't producing

Johnson blew back to back drives when he came in late in the drive in scoring range.

Look for narrative on Monday from B10 fans how the SEC sucks because they lost five games. They lost games to Wisconsin, West Virginia, Southern Miss (picked first in the CUSA West), Clemson (probably), and South Alabama (the one bad loss). Meanwhile, the B10's best opponents were LSU (win for Wisky at home) and Western Michigan (loss for Northwestern). No other half decent teams were played by B10 teams this weekend, unless you count Bowling Green. Just letting you know what's going to happen.

Look for narrative on Monday from B10 fans how the SEC sucks because they lost five games. They lost games to Wisconsin, West Virginia, Southern Miss (picked first in the CUSA West), Clemson (probably), and South Alabama (the one bad loss). Meanwhile, the B10's best opponents were LSU (win for Wisky at home) and Western Michigan (loss for Northwestern). No other half decent teams were played by B10 teams this weekend, unless you count Bowling Green. Just letting you know what's going to happen.

I had the same thought. The Big Ten (other than Ohio State) is always given more credit than they deserve. Big Ten football is just boring.

I had the same thought. The Big Ten (other than Ohio State) is always given more credit than they deserve. Big Ten football is just boring.

I'm an ACC guy, don't care about the SEC, but I tire of B10 smack.

Clemson is getting experience going against a silly QB rotation. Clawson's got to be pissed.

This might be Jimbo's year again. Have to see how his QB reacts.

Tomorrow night will be a big indication. Clemson is beatable especially in Doak. We could loose tomorrow and still beat Clemson at home and go to the CFP (assuming they go into Doak undefeated). Deondre is a stud and it helps having Dalvin line up behind him.

They have three
And agreed they are all bad

I would have liked to see what would have happened if they just stuck to one. There are two turnovers directly attributed to them fucking around with the QB's in my opinion.

Back