• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

So this new Tejas QB is good at the deep ball.

Glad to see Brian Kelly's two QB plan blowing up in his face. He should have named Kizer starter from the beginning.

Great example of what offensive scheme building can do. Texas couldn't move the ball to save their lives last year. Bring in Gilbert from Tulsa at OC and they look dynamic against a good defense.

Great example of what offensive scheme building can do. Texas couldn't move the ball to save their lives last year. Bring in Gilbert from Tulsa at OC and they look dynamic against a good defense.

Absolutely, and also helps to have a QB who can throw vertically accurately. But having a coordinator not afraid to take some chances is so important. Could stand a bit of that in Winston-Salem.

Glad to see Brian Kelly's two QB plan blowing up in his face. He should have named Kizer starter from the beginning.
What's up with all these coaches' obsession with the multi-QB thing this week? It never goes well, besides Leak-Tebow.

What's up with all these coaches' obsession with the multi-QB thing this week? It never goes well, besides Leak-Tebow.

Ya it makes no sense when your QBs do the same thing

Mediocre QBs, mediocre coaches, or both.

Even with Leak/Tebow, Leak was the clear starter, a veteran game manager, a steady player, and Tebow had an incredible ability to convert short yardage plays.

Not a ND fan, but how is that not targeting on that play against Tori Hunter Jr.?

It is truly mind boggling how often short-yardage plays are run out of the shotgun.

For a neutral observer with no dog in the fight - this has been a great game

I will say this. I think Van Gorder is overrated as a defensive coordinator.

Wow. Poor challenge. I hope the kid didn't tell Kelly he caught that.

Back