• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

You cant fumble the ball forward into the end zone?!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

App has had great chances to recover 3 TN fumbles tonight, didn't get a single one

How does it make sense that you can fumble on the 1 yard line and advance it forward for a TD???? Somebody could do that one purpose knowing that another player on their team could recover it for a TD with the game on the line. Granted in this instance it was inadvertent, but still! NFL has it right on this rule. So confused as to how that's still allowed in college.

SC kicks a 55 yarder to take a 3 point lead with 35 seconds left. One of the best college FGs I ever remember seeing.

How does it make sense that you can fumble on the 1 yard line and advance it forward for a TD???? Somebody could do that one purpose knowing that another player on their team could recover it for a TD with the game on the line. Granted in this instance it was inadvertent, but still! NFL has it right on this rule. So confused as to how that's still allowed in college.

Way back in the day, as a kid I wrote a letter to the Cal Stoll Show on WXII asking this very question and Gene O. read it on the air and Cal answered it. Forgot about that until you posted this!

You know, it's just the rules. But whatever the case TN would've scored on the next play. That fumble was the game whichever way it turned out.

Minnesota scored a TD with 1:27 left to go up 30-23 over Oregon State and they went for a 2 point conversation and missed it.

Never seen that before. Instead of taking the point and forcing OSU to score and convert a 2 point conversion to win Minn forced themselves to convert a 2 point conversion to win.

Minnesota scored a TD with 1:27 left to go up 30-23 over Oregon State and they went for a 2 point conversation and missed it.

Never seen that before. Instead of taking the point and forcing OSU to score and convert a 2 point conversion to win Minn forced themselves to convert a 2 point conversion to win.

Sounds very dumb.

You know, it's just the rules. But whatever the case TN would've scored on the next play. That fumble was the game whichever way it turned out.

The next play would've been 4th down, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back