• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Turned on the radio to the App-UT game last night on the way home from our game, was shocked that David Jackson is no longer the App play by play guy. He would've busted some blood vessels last night for sure.

Minnesota scored a TD with 1:27 left to go up 30-23 over Oregon State and they went for a 2 point conversation and missed it.

Never seen that before. Instead of taking the point and forcing OSU to score and convert a 2 point conversion to win Minn forced themselves to convert a 2 point conversion to win.

Sounds very dumb.

It's something I've long argued coaches should consider. If 2 point percentage is over 50% you should do it. You make it, it's a two score game. You miss, and they will tie the game with td and xp.

Was at the Gamecocks @ Vandy game last night in Nashville [obviously] and I had never been to their stadium since we always played them over Thanksgiving. Their stadium looks much like ours and their press box looks much like ours did before we built our gorgeous Tower. They had a "white out" and a late arriving announced crowd of 30,000+. About 1/3 according to The Nashville Tennessean this morning were Gamecock fans.

Two very mediocre SEC teams who are going to be hard pressed to win 6 and make a bowl game. Both have very good defenses. Mason totally blew the game for Vandy, much like Fedora did last year for UNC when they opened with SC in Charlotte, by stepping off the gas in the 1st half and up 10-0. He changed his QB's, let the young guy get 2 series, totally blew their mojo and let the Cocks back in the game. I would bet Muschamp peeled paint off the wall at halftime, players quit fumbling, started catching passes, he stayed with Orth at QB and they got rhythm. Scored, gassed the Vandy D, Vandy pulled a 40 yd FG, Muschamp came down the field using runs & passes, used the clock wisely and with 35 seconds to go, their guy nailed a 55 yarder for the 13-10 winner and the Vandy faithful were stunned.

I will say that most folks in the stands were more concerned with keeping up with "hoping" that UT was going to choke against the Apps and had their ESPN apps tuned to that game--kinda funny. It is going to be a great weekend of college football, that is one thing I know!

It's something I've long argued coaches should consider. If 2 point percentage is over 50% you should do it. You make it, it's a two score game. You miss, and they will tie the game with td and xp.

If you just kick the XP, you probably make it and they have to go for 2 to tie.

They have no way to win in one score unless you go for two and fail.

baylor "playing like their hair is on fire"

McCaffrey had a great 95 yard punt return TD called back vs. K-State on FS1.

Army is going to kick our asses

Ha, watching some of that game and thinking the same thing. It's frustrating as hell switching channels seeing all these teams (FCS included) that their offenses are much better than ours.

mich st up on furman 21-13 with 13+ minutes left in the game

bc gt tomorrow morning 730 am from dublin

I've been looking forward to this Saturday for months when the schedule came out. Full day of drinking. Gonna have to pace myself if I'm gonna make it for the night games

So our 3rd most likely win just beat a team that won 10 games last year.

I've been looking forward to this Saturday for months when the schedule came out. Full day of drinking. Gonna have to pace myself if I'm gonna make it for the night games

I skipped out on going to a Luke Bryan concert full of drunk desperate chunky chicks just so I could get to bed tonight and be fully rested for tomorrow. So ready to set up that first true parlay of the season.

Back