• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Another TO recovered by Houston.

Ward reminds me a junk ball pitcher. His form isn't great. It doesn't look like he throws really hard. He doesn't seem to get the ball out quickly. But he completes them.

Anyone see the holy fuck that just happened in the northwestern game? I've never seen that before. Western Michigan got away with it for now.

Anyone see the holy fuck that just happened in the northwestern game? I've never seen that before. Western Michigan got away with it for now.

Unclear what the call would've been there. I think he threw it backwards while flying out of bounds, but if it went forward what's the call then? Safety? Unbelievably stupid play by the WMU defender.

ETA: 22-21 WMU with under 3 minutes left, Northwestern was going in for the score at the one and fumbled. WMU defender flies in and scoops it up but as he's flying out of bounds throws the ball back in bounds where it's recovered by a Northwestern player in the end zone. Refs ruled he stepped out before he let go of the ball and the call stood on the field. It was really close to being in.

Did you see that? Houston just ran a Wake Forest offense. 3 plays we would have called. Result 4th and 15. Not even a good team can run the same crap we try to run

Why do OC insist on being so cute? Just hand the ball off. Everyone is fascinated with the read option

Stoops has never failed to disappoint in a big way every year since 2003. Secondary and LB play blew today, and obviously the WRs can't play without Sterling Shepherd. For all the fluff Lincoln Riley gets for being a system guy, a system would find a way to get WRs open. OU's WRs absolutely blow outside of a TE they don't use much and Westbrook, who is just mediocre. OL is lousy again. People think Orlando Brown is his daddy. He isn't. He's a fat boy who gets blown by half the time. RB is solid, but the offense falls apart without Perine, which they did today.

South Alabama just beat Mississippi State. MSU missed a 28 yard field goal with ten seconds left to win. 21-20 final score.

I'll add that in spite of all that, this is largely self-inflicted. They contained Ward well all day, but penalties sustained drives, and two bullshit PI calls also sustained drives. The fumble that gave Houston the ball also should've been reversed on review. The timeout before the field goal return was just vintage Stoops. Here, let's waste a timeout for absolutely no purpose and not cover the guy standing underneath the goalpost.

very reasoned elc. sorry about your team but the cougars were better today

Why do OC insist on being so cute? Just hand the ball off. Everyone is fascinated with the read option

Meh. Just poor execution. Just run your offense.

And holy shit, Stoops really just went for two points? You need 2 more possessions at least to have a chance to win the game, and now the best he can do is tie. What a buffoon.

And holy shit, Stoops really just went for two points? You need 2 more possessions at least to have a chance to win the game, and now the best he can do is tie. What a buffoon.

This is a joke right? Down 23-33, you have to go for 2.

They were down 16 points late in the 4th. Scoring three times is less likely than 2 TDs + 2 2-point conversions.

South Alabama just beat Mississippi State. MSU missed a 28 yard field goal with ten seconds left to win. 21-20 final score.

I don't know what Dan Mullens long term career goals are but so stupid of him not to jump 1-2 years ago when he was a hot name. No coach could turn msu into a power in the sec west and he's going to look a lot less attractive as msu goes back to the cellar of that division.

I don't know what Dan Mullens long term career goals are but so stupid of him not to jump 1-2 years ago when he was a hot name. No coach could turn msu into a power in the sec west and he's going to look a lot less attractive as msu goes back to the cellar of that division.

Signed,
Jim Grobe

Back