• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OJ Made in America

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
Lot of hype going in, well deserved. This might get Oscar buzz, its that good.

Part one will be re-aired on Tuesday at 7 PM on ESPN. Part two follows at 9 PM

Jeff Van Gundy was talking on Saturday night during the finals game when they promoted the OJ show about how AC told Pat Riley (obligatory fuck you Riley and Melo) later that summer that the reason they were driving so slow was because OJ wanted to hear the end of the Knicks-Rockets finals game on the radio ... has that story ever been told before? If it is true, which I somewhat doubt, the producers of the OJ show have got to be pissed, and I wonder if they try to re-do one of the later episodes to get JVG or Riley some airtime.

I thought the first episode was really good. I went into sort of thinking "oh great another OJ documentary...." but I am curious to see how the next 4 episodes are.

Jeff Van Gundy was talking on Saturday night during the finals game when they promoted the OJ show about how AC told Pat Riley (obligatory fuck you Riley and Melo) later that summer that the reason they were driving so slow was because OJ wanted to hear the end of the Knicks-Rockets finals game on the radio ... has that story ever been told before? If it is true, which I somewhat doubt, the producers of the OJ show have got to be pissed, and I wonder if they try to re-do one of the later episodes to get JVG or Riley some airtime.
Radios don't work at faster speeds?

I thought it was disappointingly boring - two hours of USC, Bills and 1960's LA race relations was a little much. Great hook in the last five minutes to introduce Nicole, though - I've set the DVR to record the rest.

I thought it was disappointingly boring - two hours of USC, Bills and 1960's LA race relations was a little much. Great hook in the last five minutes to introduce Nicole, though - I've set the DVR to record the rest.

apparently, it improves dramatically

I doubt this story. That moment is seared into the American psyche and suddenly JVG is completely redefining it in a throwaway comment between free throws?

I guess it's possible Cowlings is trying to spin the narrative. But I would bet he would have worked harder to do so if this were legit than simply chatting with Pat Riley at a gas station.

The 911 call at the end of Part 2 is freaking harrowing. Like, hair-standing-on-end harrowing.

I never knew Nicole was boning Marcus Allen. Not the best call to infuriate your mega jealous ex-husband with the one guy some USC fans saw as a better version of himself. Not smart.

I never knew Nicole was boning Marcus Allen. Not the best call to infuriate your mega jealous ex-husband with the one guy some USC fans saw as a better version of himself. Not smart.

Yeah she shoulda known better, amirite?

When you're divorced it shouldn't matter who your ex husband is.

Last edited:

I'm hopeful you didn't just blame her because he was a psycho.

Back