• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 192: Chat Rules Everything Around Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I actually don't remember any warning conversations. There were things/views to defend, but nobody ever said "abort, abort!" At least not to me.
As to the last statement... I'm pretty good with how things are going currently. The pizza man delivers.

Back up the deets truck! What does this dude do? Your age? Older? Any kids?

Crazy.

New report shows that fewer than half (46%) of parents read aloud to their children every day, and only 34% do so for at least 15 minutes

Can't find the survey data, so take it for what it's worth, but it's crazy to me that so few parents read to their children. My dad has told me me my mom would read to me every night, no exceptions. Supposedly it's why I was able to read at a young age. Gotta read to your kids.

Reading books at bed time is a huge part of our routine (and E is reading relatively well) even with P (though admittedly it's less than 15 min. with her)

Back up the deets truck! What does this dude do? Your age? Older? Any kids?

he works a normal job (that has nothing to do with pizza), older than me, yes.

not giving too many details for the sake of privacy.

we need to protect the privacy of some random dude in oregon no one knows? Or to protect against "Jason" from logging on and using his massive arsenal of deadly weapons to exact revenge?

there are some creepy posters and I see no need to give more info than that. J will find out soon enough, though it would suck to find out from reading a post... Though if he were to log on looking for just that info I guess that's his own self-fulfilling prophecy.

there are some creepy posters and I see no need to give more info than that.

Pretty sure anyone who cared knew who J was, did anything happen creepily with that outside of his brief posting tenure? Seems needlessly cautious. And I doubt anyone's creepier than me yet we're FB friends.

At least, knowing you, if you do get mauled to death it will only be shortly after meeting a weary traveler who becomes the love of your life after sharing a passionate evening with the great Eagle Spirit.
This is pretty close to the plot of the novel/movie "Cold Mountain".
waiting to hear back on whether or not i made it through a 4 hour, 7 person interview gauntlet yesterday for a job i REALLY want. they're making a yes/no call on me today, and if i make it through they'll start calling references and i only have to make it through a coffee date with one more lady before the job would be mine.

alksdjfalkdjfalkdjflskjf so stressful! good vibes, ct.
I'm not sure how closely the experience translates to other academic fields, but our hiring process is awful and ethically fraught and stupid: if, out of the 300-400 apps, we are lucky enough to be selected to interview (apx. twenty candidates), we have the privilege of flying ourselves to interview location at meeting in yet-undisclosed North American metropolitan location and paying all requisite expenses. Then, three candidates score on-campus interviews which are two-three day twenty-four hour interviews with lunches and dinners and sometimes cocktail hours and teaching performances and job talks. Then sometimes they cancel the search and hire nobody. Can't wait!

Also, I'm back in London for the month. I experienced Skip's death from here, and Ish's winner over Texas, and two world cups, and long-distance relationships, and a Pit Olympics (second place!), and a huge part of my life. I'll be in libraries the whole time too, but unlike Brasky (and sorta like Chupe), this is my job and I dig it like the Beatles.

First day at the new gig, but I just have to go in and sign some things -- real orientation starts Tuesday. Needed to start by the first, though, to qualify for a bonus program. But at least I get most of my day back!

First day at the new gig, but I just have to go in and sign some things -- real orientation starts Tuesday. Needed to start by the first, though, to qualify for a bonus program. But at least I get most of my day back!
That was quick!

I walked into my now former office for the last time about 45 min ago. Hanging out until my exit interview at 9:30, then heading out for the long weekend. Starting my new job Tuesday morning.

Yeah had my last day at my old office Monday. Then we moved out Tuesday and in on Wednesday. No funemployment for me, just gotta get dat paper.

Yeah. I'm trying to figure out how long I need to stay at work today. Normally we would have left last night since our friends are out fishing all day today.

Spend the afternoon at Burial. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back