• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

len bias: 30 years ago today

Bias was never on the same planet in terms of Lebron as a passer or distributor, which is what makes Lebron so special. He also was a lot smaller - he played at about 210 pounds, whereas Lebron is closer to 260. Bias was a big scoring wing and a good one, but Lebron is some unholy combination of Karl Malone and Magic Johnson in the same body.

Basketball Reference broke him down a few years ago: http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=4011

Bias was more Bernard King than Lebron. He was an unstoppable scorer.

I grew up in Maryland, and was a huge Terps fan. Len died the day after I graduated high school. Spent my beach week in front of the tv in mourning with the rest of my friends. He was one of the best basketball players I've ever seen, and his death hit us hard.

To this day, I've never touched the cocaine and the only reason is Len's death.

That's the ONLY thing that's kept you from doing cocaine?

Okay.

That, lack of cash, mainly me being a big puss. I mean, the shit did kill Len Bias, what is gonna do to little old me.

Bias was a better version of Lebron. Absolute physical freak, but w/ the smooth athleticism of Jordan.

Don't recall him being a dirty player, but the Terp teams he was on were VERY physical. Then again, that was basketball in the mid-80's. Big East, ACC, Pistons Bad Boys...all of it.
A better LeBron? Cmon now he wasn't even the top pick in the draft

The Cavs may have had one of the best drafts of all time relative to other teams. There were as many 1st round picks known for their drug problems as we're All-NBA.

Back