• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

I'm talking myself into Brown, at least. If they weren't going to be able to trade Dunn (and it looks like they wouldn't have been able to do that without packaging Crowder), I'm fine with them taking their guy.

The #16 pick is still the most puzzling to me, though. They could have had Yabusele later by most accounts, and, hell, they could've gotten Thad Young for that pick, and Young would have been a nice, versatile replacement for Sullinger. Also think they should have drafted Deyonta Davis for themselves, but understand them not wanting to take another contract on the books yet.

Oh shit Bucks got Brogdon at #36. lol I'll take that.

I think Brogdon could have a very nice career. He won't be too anything, but 10-12 years from now, people may say "Wow, he's been in the league this long?"

Brice Johnson is good.

Orlando trade was bananas.

I really like Valentine as a dude, hope he succeeds but I'm #nervous.

Hope Los Bulls make a run at Conley.

Brice Johnson is good.

Orlando trade was bananas.

I really like Valentine as a dude, hope he succeeds but I'm #nervous.

Hope Los Bulls make a run at Conley.

Conley is the dude I really want as a Mavs fan. Love his game

And I'm tired of trotting 40 yr olds out at PG (or any position really)

Everybody wants Conley. Gonna be interesting.

Makes you wonder why the Bucks are playing Giannis at PG to lower his value when everyone wants an undersized PG so badly.

Gotta imagine the Spurs are out of the running after drafting a PG.

Makes you wonder why the Bucks are playing Giannis at PG to lower his value when everyone wants an undersized PG so badly.

It's easy to make fun of my argument when you mangle it.

The Giannis is going to be a PG so the Bucks can keep him in Milwaukee when they have him under contract for the next 5 years was an especially dumb take.

NBA Off-season thread: Teague, draft, trades, ainge goes full hinkie

He will be 26. Let's revisit this then.

Gotta imagine the Spurs are out of the running after drafting a PG.

this was a long term pick. he'll likely get a lot of minutes in the d league this season learning the way they play and working on his shot. likely back and forth to see some nba time as well. ideally he is the starter a few years down the road or developed into a trade asset for another move.

the real problem with signing conley is parker. would parker agree to go to the bench? he's lost a step (or three) and improved his jump shot. he can't get to the basket by tier one guys with consistency any more. bring he and manu off the bench in some rotation against the second stringers and he might look a little like himself when he does not have to go against curry and westbrook.

MAYBE parker would agree to that. i doubt conley would believe he did.

durant is not leaving okc. i would love to have conley as the starter. probably means green would be gone though so you've got another hole to fill (defending the wing and shooting) along with a mobile defensive big that can guard the pick and roll, jump out and recover on shooters etc.

i'ts going to be awesome when the spurs trot our gasol and we hold our breath waiting for the wheels to fall off everyone.

I'm talking myself into Brown, at least. If they weren't going to be able to trade Dunn (and it looks like they wouldn't have been able to do that without packaging Crowder), I'm fine with them taking their guy.

The #16 pick is still the most puzzling to me, though. They could have had Yabusele later by most accounts, and, hell, they could've gotten Thad Young for that pick, and Young would have been a nice, versatile replacement for Sullinger. Also think they should have drafted Deyonta Davis for themselves, but understand them not wanting to take another contract on the books yet.

you wouldn't have done the 3 and crowder for Jimmay?

I think Murray is a 2 or 3 year pick and they believe Parker/Mills can bridge the gap.

I think Murray is a 2 or 3 year pick and they believe Parker/Mills can bridge the gap.

agree. i just don't know if they can. parker has had ok regular seasons the past 2 years but has been exposed in the play offs. mills is better off the ball on offense and if he is not coming off the bench and hitting those 3s it's a long night. add an inconsistent green and you have the okc series.

I agree which is why I'm disappointed they don't seem to be setting up to make a run at Conley.

It is clear Murray was brought in with defending Westbrook and Curry as a priority. I do like that.

Reading some more, Murray is regarded in the Jamal Crawford mold and the Spurs may see him as a long term sixth man replacement for Manu.

Last edited:
So when Birdman signed his first $30 million dollar contract, he immediately bought 50 cars for his friends and family, and to this day sleeps on a million dollars in cash.

I agree which is why I'm disappointed they don't seem to be setting up to make a run at Conley.

It is clear Murray was brought in with defending Westbrook and Curry as a priority. I do like that.

Reading some more, Murray is regarded in the Jamal Crawford mold and the Spurs may see him as a long term sixth man replacement for Manu.

I don't think Murray affects the Conley sweepstakes one way or another. Y'all will see him play this summer, but Murray has a long way to go. He posted solid numbers in college, but he wasn't particularly good yet.

Back