• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

From reddit:

It's a red flag that he came to Australia when he was "5". I don't know much about his individual situation but a lot of young immigrants from parts of Africa are listed as 5 years old if they don't have any schooling. That way they step into the start of school with kids the "same age" and aren't behind in their schooling.

He's the definition of a mediocre player and gets paid more than the average salary. He's slightly overpaid.

He a starter averaging 34 minutes a game. This is the new NBA. Take whatever metric you were using to estimate a player's salary and add 20% to it.

Teague is gonna get paid too.

How hard are the Knicks going to push for Dawight? Rose, Melo, and Dawight would be the greatest IDGAF team ever assembled.

He a starter averaging 34 minutes a game. This is the new NBA. Take whatever metric you were using to estimate a player's salary and add 20% to it.

Teague is gonna get paid too.

Only on a mediocre team is he a starter. He wouldn't start on most contenders. He should be paid exception money at the most.

JT was an All Star and then was hurt last year. In this market, he should get $15M to start.

Teams are dropping Maker from their boards. A lot of them think he's in his early 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explains why I read weeks ago that the Spurs were considering him.

Explains why I read weeks ago that the Spurs were considering him.

Fair or not, I think his reclassification drama reflects poorly on him too. It seems like he might've been muddying the water. Having said that, if he was good he wouldn't be dropping but it seems like his development really stalled over the last year or so.

Last edited:
All the mock drafts say youngblood Deyonta Davis is on his way to MY BUCKS. I would like him to not be a bust plz.

A lot of people LOVE Davis. He's very athletic and is becoming a beast.

Fair or not, I think his reclassification drama reflects poorly on him too. It seems like he might've been muddying the water. Having said that, if he was good he wouldn't be dropping but it seems like his development really stalled over the last year or so.

That would make sense seeing as he opted out of college post-graduation.

What do you consider dropping? He's been projected in the mid to early second on most mocks all year.

He dropped from being like a Top 5 HS prospect a few years ago to late first at absolute best.

He played tons of minutes but only averaged 12.1 ppg. He doesn't pass that well, isn't that quick or fast. If you are a stats guy, Hill's PER is in a tie for 204th.

Sorry, he's an average player. And will be past his NBA prime in a year or two.

He's a 1-year bridge to get to a healthy Dante Exum. They didn't like what they saw at 12 in the positions of need (pg/sg) apparently.

Then he resigns with my Spurs.

He dropped from being like a Top 5 HS prospect a few years ago to late first at absolute best.

I wouldn't exactly consider that dropping, but I get it. He skipped a level and didn't show any difference in his game.

To be fair, though, Maker has always been more hype than ability. Even he acknowledges that.

Not going to predict draft busts, but I do think there are few players who will outperform their draft spot (a la Porzingis and Lillard): Buddy Hield, Henry Ellenson, Denzel Valentine, Forkan Korkmaz, Brice Johnson, Gary Payton Jr., Malcolm Brogdon, Aj Hammons, Michael Gbinji, Cat Barber, and Jake Layman

Last edited:
He played tons of minutes but only averaged 12.1 ppg. He doesn't pass that well, isn't that quick or fast. If you are a stats guy, Hill's PER is in a tie for 204th.

Sorry, he's an average player. And will be past his NBA prime in a year or two.

EDIT: His PER is 47th in the NBA. The only PG who plays over 30 mpg who has a lower PER is Muiday http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg

He's an average player. That's what average players make. Spencer Hawes is going to make almost $6 million next year.

Very hard not to like Hield, I'm rooting for that dude

Back