• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

Me too. I am hoping he has a Paul Pierce like career, but I wish he were a few inches taller.

He's an average player. That's what average players make. Spencer Hawes is going to make almost $6 million next year.

Thanks for the laughs. Your indignation is about approximately $1M of an NBA salary. We have a margin of error disagreement and you are making into a war.

This is hilarious and shows your pettiness. Thanks for playing.

potcallinkettleblack.gif~c200

Me too. I am hoping he has a Paul Pierce like career, but I wish he were a few inches taller.

He's not like Pierce. Paul Pierce was always a physical presence. Hield is a better shooter but not as strong.

I agree that Hield is going to score a lot and be a really good pro.

Thanks for the laughs. Your indignation is about approximately $1M of an NBA salary. We have a margin of error disagreement and you are making into a war.

This is hilarious and shows your pettiness. Thanks for playing.
The lack of self-awareness is just incredible.

He's not like Pierce. Paul Pierce was always a physical presence. Hield is a better shooter but not as strong.

I agree that Hield is going to score a lot and be a really good pro.

Maybe a different Pierce then - my main man Ricky Pierce circa Seattle Sonics 1990-1993, or other Sonics shooters Dale Ellis OR - most boring shooter of all time - Hersey Hawkins.

Maybe a different Pierce then - my main man Ricky Pierce circa Seattle Sonics 1990-1993, or other Sonics shooters Dale Ellis OR - most boring shooter of all time - Hersey Hawkins.

Other than Hawkins those guys came off the bench. I think Hield will be a long time starter and should make more All Star Games than Hawkins.

Didn't Hawkins average something crazy like 35 ppg as a senior?

Dude. My main man Ricky Pierce started for about 10 years, averaged over 20pts a game for at least 6 years. You are talking to serious Sonics homer here as as a young buck I lived in Seattle during the Rain Man and GP's reign. Pierce was a starter in Milwaukee traded to Seattle (I think perhaps for Dale Ellis) who started in Milwaukee and then for a few years in Seattle before he hit his early 30s.

Know your Pierces! I always say.

Edit to add: Ricky Pierce started for only 2 years in Seattle a half a season in Milwaukee, was a super sub; Dale Ellis was a starter for Seattle though for 3 or 4 years before being traded. So I don't know my Pierces, which is a bummer for me as I AM a Pierce going back to the Declaration of Independence so very embarrassing not to know my family tree

Last edited:
Not going to predict draft busts, but I do think there are few players who will outperform their draft spot (a la Porzingis and Lillard): Buddy Hield, Henry Ellenson, Denzel Valentine, Forkan Korkmaz, Brice Johnson, Gary Payton Jr., Malcolm Brogdon, Aj Hammons, Michael Gbinji, Cat Barber, and Jake Layman

next Niky Shooter potential?

Dude. My main man Ricky Pierce started for about 10 years, averaged over 20pts a game for at least 6 years. You are talking to serious Sonics homer here as as a young buck I lived in Seattle during the Rain Man and GP's reign. Pierce was a starter in Milwaukee traded to Seattle (I think perhaps for Dale Ellis) who started in Milwaukee and then for a few years in Seattle before he hit his early 30s.

Know your Pierces! I always say.

Apparently you don't know much about Ricky Pierce. In his 16 season NBA career, Ricky only started as many as 50% of his team's games THREE times. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/piercri01.html). I'm guessing three is still less than ten.

Also he only 20ppg three times. Is that still less than six?

Oh yeah, two of those three years were as sixth man. :)

so, back to the draft...

If you were your team's GM, then who would you pick?

I hope the Clippers take Bembry and Ulis.

If I were the Celtics GM, I'd take bmoney.

I can't believe Ainge turned down Okafor for the 3rd pick. Hell, if I were Coangelo, I would have demanded the 16th pick as well. There's no one in the draft after #2 who is nearly as good as Okafor.

I would also offer the Suns Okafor and #26 for #4 and #13. Then take Hield/Dunn and the French guy or Valentine. OR, if Brown is still available at #7-9- offer #13, Noel and #26, to get Brown.

If I were RC Buford, I'd see if I could trade #29 and Danny Green to move up to #12-18. You could get a younger Green and free up $10M+ to go after Durant. I'd also be talking to Tony about his future. Because I'd want to be making a big play for Conley to look to the future.

8 mil a year is pretty solid under this cap. #12 should be shit.

The money isn't really the issue, but the Jazz aren't going to compete next year anyways, so why not go high-risk, high-reward at the #12 pick and spend a fraction of that? It's not like you're locking up your back-up PG for the next several years or anything.

The money isn't really the issue, but the Jazz aren't going to compete next year anyways, so why not go high-risk, high-reward at the #12 pick and spend a fraction of that? It's not like you're locking up your back-up PG for the next several years or anything.

Why don't you think the Jazz will compete next year?

The Jazz were a handful of games out of the playoffs last year and have a lot of intriguing guys on that roster in Hayward, Favors, Gobert, Hood, and Burks. They'll also have Exum playing as a redshirt rookie, so it could be nice to pair him with a versatile guard.

Hill is kind of a perfect fit, if not a year or two too old, but nevertheless a guy that could help Utah leapfrog Houston, Memphis, and Dallas in the standings and develop a franchise-caliber point guard in the meantime.

It's likely Hayward won't be there or they will get nothing for him.

Looks like Philly is trading Noel or Okafor tonight, I wonder who gets kicked off the island.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm kinda low on Hayward. Not good enough to be a #1, but puts up good numbers. Like Bosh on the ptors. And the rest of that backcourt is meh.

Back