• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tyler-Ulis-70116/

According to this,he shot 34.4% this year...not pulling it out of my ass...
Turn down the snark and put your reading glasses on, I said combined freshman and sophomore years - 88/237 for Ulis, 67/171 for Stoudamire. I also posted their individual per40 stats because Ulis played way more than Stoudamire as a freshman/soph

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Stoudamire also played four years in college and was 20+ pounds heavier. He got to the basket better as well.

The only way Ulis starts is for a terrible team. He's too small and isn't strong enough.

If Tyler Ulis were playing in 1991 he would be in college for two more years and he would gain weight, so what's your point? You're just being a contrarian right now.

Last edited:
No clue who they're going to target. I think the Spurs need an upgrade over Danny Green if they're going to stick with Parker and if Timmy is sticking around. The Spurs are strongest when Kawhi and LMA don't carry the bulk of the scoring load. At this point, Kawhi isn't capable of being a reliable 25-30 point scorer in a playoff series while being the #1 wing defender or playing a lot in small lineups.

I think they can get by with Green if they upgrade at PG or C, in other words, if the Spurs are more similar to the 2013 and 2014 teams.

What in the world are the Spurs paying those two max money for if it isn't to lead the team in scoring? Any team is functioining better when their role players are filling it up but you can't expect that. You have to let your horses lead you to the promise land in the NBA.

If Tyler Ulis were playing in 1991 he would be in college for two more years and he would gain weight, so what's your point? You're just being a contrarian right now.

He's not big enough to last as a starter in the NBA. It's not just short. He's also too light.

Meanwhile the Hornets are willing to give away their 1st round draft pick if someone will take the main piece the Thunder got in the Harden Trade (Lamb)

No clue who they're going to target. I think the Spurs need an upgrade over Danny Green if they're going to stick with Parker and if Timmy is sticking around. The Spurs are strongest when Kawhi and LMA don't carry the bulk of the scoring load. At this point, Kawhi isn't capable of being a reliable 25-30 point scorer in a playoff series while being the #1 wing defender or playing a lot in small lineups.

I think they can get by with Green if they upgrade at PG or C, in other words, if the Spurs are more similar to the 2013 and 2014 teams.

Danny Green was so good against the Thunder this year I really think it would be a mistake to trade him for a rookie. If he had just passed that ball after the steal in Game 2 to Manu for the layup instead of to Patty Mills, they would likely have advanced to the Western Finals. But still! Keep him. He's been through the wars, he's not old, and he's got unique skills (blocks, steals, great D, good to great 3 point shooter who moves well without the ball)

Meanwhile the Hornets are willing to give away their 1st round draft pick if someone will take the main piece the Thunder got in the Harden Trade (Lamb)

I think the pick that turned into Adams was the main piece, but yea, Hornets gonna Hornets.

That Woj report about Lamb can't be the complete story, because there are like a half dozen teams with $50mm in cap space this summer that could eat Lamb for $7mm a year without blinking for #22. They have to want at least something in return.

What has changed about Lamb since they offered that extension? They seemed excited about him at the time.

He ended up in Clifford's doghouse for not playing defense by the end of the year, but his extension is still a pittance with a $94mm cap this year and $110mm next year. Woj said in the tweet Hornets were clearing space to pay FAs, but if they were just offering up #22 to take Lamb it would have already happened by the 76ers/Nets/etc.

What has changed about Lamb since they offered that extension? They seemed excited about him at the time.

Probably about $7 mil short for offering 2 big contracts and want Batum back and then Dawight!

What in the world are the Spurs paying those two max money for if it isn't to lead the team in scoring? Any team is functioining better when their role players are filling it up but you can't expect that. You have to let your horses lead you to the promise land in the NBA.

Lead the team in scoring != carry the bulk of the scoring load. I don't know why I have to explain math to a State grad.

The Spurs need a 3rd reliable scorer, so Kawhi and LMA can be leading scorers without having to score over half the points in order to win.

Both wins in the Thunder series, the Spurs scored 100+ and LMA and Kawhi had over 50% of the points.
Two losses, the Spurs scored under 100 and LMA and Kawhi had over 50%. The other two losses, the Spurs had under 100 and LMA and Kawhi had less than half the points. The Spurs fell short in the crucial Game 2 despite LMA's 41 points because Kawhi had an off night with 14 and Manu was the only other player in double figures.

Last edited:
Danny Green was so good against the Thunder this year I really think it would be a mistake to trade him for a rookie. If he had just passed that ball after the steal in Game 2 to Manu for the layup instead of to Patty Mills, they would likely have advanced to the Western Finals. But still! Keep him. He's been through the wars, he's not old, and he's got unique skills (blocks, steals, great D, good to great 3 point shooter who moves well without the ball)

Green scored 18, 9, 8, 0, 20, and 9 in the Thunder series. The Spurs have to get more than that from the 3rd option. I should add that it's not ideal for a post player and top defender to carry the scoring load in the playoffs. It's that much more important for Green to be a consistent scorer.

Back