• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

Ibaka kinda sucks

I think he kinda sucks in the same way Love kinda sucks: either through the coach's direction or their own volition, they've become primarily three-point shooters when that is not their best use. In both cases, their post games are probably still there, but they need to be in a system that let's them play to their strengths or the coach need to kick them in the ass and tell them to get in the fucking paint.

I think he kinda sucks in the same way Love kinda sucks: either through the coach's direction or their own volition, they've become primarily three-point shooters when that is not their best use. In both cases, their post games are probably still there, but they need to be in a system that let's them play to their strengths or the coach need to kick them in the ass and tell them to get in the fucking paint.

Yes and no. They don't really need to be banging in the post because that's what Adams and Thompson do well. So they're probably used well, they're just overpaid to do it.

Odds the Hornets try to get Ibaka or Love so they don't have to get their stretch 4 tonight?

Lead the team in scoring != carry the bulk of the scoring load. I don't know why I have to explain math to a State grad.

The Spurs need a 3rd reliable scorer, so Kawhi and LMA can be leading scorers without having to score over half the points in order to win.

Both wins in the Thunder series, the Spurs scored 100+ and LMA and Kawhi had over 50% of the points.
Two losses, the Spurs scored under 100 and LMA and Kawhi had over 50%. The other two losses, the Spurs had under 100 and LMA and Kawhi had less than half the points. The Spurs fell short in the crucial Game 2 despite LMA's 41 points because Kawhi had an off night with 14 and Manu was the only other player in double figures.

Yes all that. But if Danny Green throws that pass at the end of Game 2 to the right guy, Spurs win the series.

And if they call the flagrant 1 on Steven Adams for the on-purpose trip of Danny Green at the end of Game 6, Spurs win that one too.

Keep Danny Boy! A unique NBA talent that can't be replaced next year via the draft.

Yes and no. They don't really need to be banging in the post because that's what Adams and Thompson do well. So they're probably used well, they're just overpaid to do it.

Odds the Hornets try to get Ibaka or Love so they don't have to get their stretch 4 tonight?

Yeah but, at least in Love's case, he can bang in the post much better than Thompson for most purposes. Ibaka and Adams are more equal players, but Ibaka is definitely better than Kanter. My opinion is that its easier to find somebody who just stands outside and shoots threes better than Love/Ibaka than it is to find a legit post player better than Love/Ibaka. So use them to their strengths and fill in around them, don't use them as the filler

And I would love the Hornets to get either one. Preferably Love, but I would also love Ibaka if they let Al walk and played him at the 5.

Mavs apparently targeting Conley and Whiteside. I would be down with either or both of them playing with Dirk and Wes Matthews

I dont see how you get Whiteside out of Miami without a Brinks truck of assets. IMO Miami should start rebuilding today around him, Deng, Winslow, and Dragic. DWade and Bosh are done.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I dont see how you get Whiteside out of Miami without a Brinks truck of assets. IMO Miami should start rebuilding today around him, Deng, and Dragic. DWade and Bosh are done

?

He's an unrestricted FA. All you need is a Brinks truck full of money. And I'd be a little weary about that guy after his first big pay day.

?

He's an unrestricted FA. All you need is a Brinks truck full of money. And I'd be a little weary about that guy after his first big pay day.
I thought he had a year left. Shit. I hope he comes home to Charlotte.

I dont see how you get Whiteside out of Miami without a Brinks truck of assets. IMO Miami should start rebuilding today around him, Deng, Winslow, and Dragic. DWade and Bosh are done.

Deng is 31. Winslow will be taking his place very soon.

Deng is 31. Winslow will be taking his place very soon.

Deng just posted a "Thank you Miami" post via Heat social media. He gone.

Justise is pretty much there defensively, needs to catch up on O.

?

Miami is the only place that he's lived up to the billing. I think that will be the nail in the coffin for why he stays. Also, Pat Riley voodoo.

Deng would be a nice pickup for a lot of teams at the right price.

If Miami is smart they'll let DWade sign elsewhere, unless they're going to give him the Kobe loyalty contract.

If Miami is smart they'll let DWade sign elsewhere, unless they're going to give him the Kobe loyalty contract.

He signed a 1yr, $20 million deal last year so I doubt it.

Back