• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

They must think Embiid is going to be healthy. If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see both go if they can get enough picks. They would have Embiid at C (and could pick up a back-up)with Saric and Simmons at PF.

They could conceivably get two more lottery picks tonight.

One of them has to go.

I'm kinda low on Hayward. Not good enough to be a #1, but puts up good numbers. Like Bosh on the ptors. And the rest of that backcourt is meh.

I hear you. I guess I see the Jazz as having the same kind of upside as the Raptors squad that made it to the ECF this year.

Looks like Philly is trading Noel or Okafor tonight, I wonder who gets kicked off the island.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Noel to Boston makes a ton of sense. He has to have a lot of fans in that front office from his BABC days.

1. Giannis
2. Hayward
3. Middleton
4. Parker
5. Monroe

Philly would need to give up way more #assets than just Noel for that 3 pick.

I don't think they would. Seems like they would prefer to deal Okafor, but Ainge wants Noel. Sounds like it might get done, too.

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of your two posts. Philly having 24 and 26 (or whatever a combo of those two picks buys you higher up in the draft) at their disposal could help, too.

What's your take on the UK prospects this year, mdmh? Is the Ulis hip thing really that big of a deal?

Lots of talk about the Spurs trading up into late lottery. Danny Green may be on the move.

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of your two posts. Philly having 24 and 26 (or whatever a combo of those two picks buys you higher up in the draft) at their disposal could help, too.

What's your take on the UK prospects this year, mdmh? Is the Ulis hip thing really that big of a deal?

Yeah, I meant that it wouldn't take a whole lot more than Noel... But I do agree that a Noel for #3 pick straight up is not likely.

I don't think they would. Seems like they would prefer to deal Okafor, but Ainge wants Noel. Sounds like it might get done, too.

If the Sixers can get #3 for Noel and even both of the later picks, they should jump on it.

Who would they target in the late lottery? It has to be Zubac, right?

Or Valentine, he'd be a perfect fit with Leonard.

Of course, they could make the deal with SacTown if Jaylen Brown is still on the board. That would be sick...and very Spurs-like.

Noel's good. He could be awesome defensively on a real NBA team. David Robinson was the only other player in the history of the league to average 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks as a rookie. Plus, he's a month younger than Kris Dunn and a few months older than Buddy Hield. Not that crazy for the Celtics to like him better than anyone there at 3.

I can't see the Sixers taking Dunn if they are expecting Simmons to be a playmaker. That means the choice is Buddy, Murray or maybe even Jaylen Brown if they want to swing for the fences.

I bet there are a few teams trying to make Ulis fall past the Spurs to the early 2nd round, but he probably does have a hip injury that needs to be taken care of. Having said that, I think Ulis has a longer NBA career than any of these other UK prospects. I think his floor is career backup, but more likely I think he is Damon Stoudamire because of his ability to shoot.

Jamal Murray has top 5 offensive talent, but his athleticism is only average, and the ball sticks with him. I think he is Kevin Martin, but he could be Joe Johnson if we're underrating his speed.

I have no idea about Skal Labissiere. He played so little this year, and he was so inconsistent that I couldn't ever get a good read on him. I think his shot blocking reputation is probably overrated right now, but he has flashed the potential of a complete 2-way player.

Last edited:
I bet there are a few teams trying to make Ulis fall past the Spurs to the early 2nd round, but he probably does have a hip injury that needs to be taken care of. Having said that, I think Ulis has a longer NBA career than any of these other UK prospects. I think his floor is career backup, but more likely I think he is Damon Stoudamire

Jamal Murray has top 5 offensive talent, but his athleticism is only average, and the ball sticks with him. I think he is Kevin Martin, but he could be Joe Johnson if we're underrating his speed.

I have no idea about Skal Labissiere. He played so little this year, and he was so inconsistent that I couldn't ever get a good read on him. I think his shot blocking reputation is probably overrated right now, but he has flashed the potential of a complete 2-way player.

Stoudamire was a starter for a nearly a decade. Ulis won't be.

Back