• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

For us Spurs homies, I'd keep an eye on the 20th pick. The Spurs have friends in the front offices of the Nets, the Hawks, and the Thunder, and they did pull a pre-draft trade with Altanta last year make financial room for Aldridge, so if they have their heart set on Valentine or whomever, that could be one reason why the Nets traded Thad Young for the pick.

I personally think it is a huge mistake. If you want a guy that can guard Westbrook, Durant, and Klay, I think that player pool includes only a handful of guys and Danny Green is one of them.

Stoudamire was a starter for a nearly a decade. Ulis won't be.
I think Ulis has the potential and ability to start in the NBA and score a lot of points. He is a dangerous shooter with range beyond the 3 point line.

I think Ulis has the potential and ability to start in the NBA and score a lot of points. He is a dangerous shooter with range beyond the 3 point line.

He'll be abused on D.

He's one of those players who could make more money in Spain, Turkey, Italy or Israel than here.

Maybe obvious but isn't Ulis much better than Isiah Thomas was at the same stage? They're the same size

Pacers just got Thad young

Pacers improved a lot in the last 24 hours

Good work bird!

For us Spurs homies, I'd keep an eye on the 20th pick. The Spurs have friends in the front offices of the Nets, the Hawks, and the Thunder, and they did pull a pre-draft trade with Altanta last year make financial room for Aldridge, so if they have their heart set on Valentine or whomever, that could be one reason why the Nets traded Thad Young for the pick.

I personally think it is a huge mistake. If you want a guy that can guard Westbrook, Durant, and Klay, I think that player pool includes only a handful of guys and Danny Green is one of them.

Do the Pacers think Turner can play center? If not they just got an expensive back-up.

I don't see Valentine getting past Detroit at #18. The Spurs need to go higher to get him.

Noel>>Okafor. Okafor is a mediocre (at best) rebounder for a big and is atrocious on D. Not much place for players like him in today's NBA. Noel is obviously limited offensively, but can play D, rebound, and score garbage points with ORB and diving on pick and rolls.

Morey supposedly pitching a package centered around Beverley and Ariza for Noel.

No clue who they're going to target. I think the Spurs need an upgrade over Danny Green if they're going to stick with Parker and if Timmy is sticking around. The Spurs are strongest when Kawhi and LMA don't carry the bulk of the scoring load. At this point, Kawhi isn't capable of being a reliable 25-30 point scorer in a playoff series while being the #1 wing defender or playing a lot in small lineups.

I think they can get by with Green if they upgrade at PG or C, in other words, if the Spurs are more similar to the 2013 and 2014 teams.

....... And Thomas shot 29% as a freshman and 33% as a sophomore

But didn't come to the NBA that young. Add to that Thomas is 185 vs. 149.

If you want to look at a small guy, look at Felder.

He only shot 34.4% on college threes.
I'm not pulling this out of my ass.

Damon Stoudamire shot 1.9/4.8 (39%) from 3 per 40, his combined freshman and sophomore year at Arizona, with a closer 3 point line

Tyler Ulis shot 1.6/4.3 (36%) per 40, his combined freshman and sophomore year.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

But didn't come to the NBA that young. Add to that Thomas is 185 vs. 149.

If you want to look at a small guy, look at Felder.
The weight difference is a little crazy for two guys pretty much the same height

No clue who they're going to target. I think the Spurs need an upgrade over Danny Green if they're going to stick with Parker and if Timmy is sticking around. The Spurs are strongest when Kawhi and LMA don't carry the bulk of the scoring load. At this point, Kawhi isn't capable of being a reliable 25-30 point scorer in a playoff series while being the #1 wing defender or playing a lot in small lineups.

I think they can get by with Green if they upgrade at PG or C, in other words, if the Spurs are more similar to the 2013 and 2014 teams.

Do you think Timmy and Manu call it quits this Summer? It's not looking like they have a lot of gas left in their tanks.

The weight difference is a little crazy for two guys pretty much the same height

Thomas was drafted at 22 years old. Ulis is 20. Good luck not gaining a bunch of weight between 20 and 22.

I'm not pulling this out of my ass.

Damon Stoudamire shot 1.9/4.8 (39%) from 3 per 40, his combined freshman and sophomore year at Arizona, with a closer 3 point line

Tyler Ulis shot 1.6/4.3 (36%) per 40, his combined freshman and sophomore year.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tyler-Ulis-70116/

According to this,he shot 34.4% this year...not pulling it out of my ass...

Not to be too #plama, but today is more interesting than like 90% of the playoff games.

Back