• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chill will be the next WFU BB head coach

Soccer and tennis are the college sports that everyone cares about so it's important that we're doing well at those.

Big donors keep donating because it allows them to feel like big shots.

It's actually pathetic how many donations can be bought by throwing an "exclusive" party inside an glorified airplane hanger every couple of years.

Think about it for a second. People actually pay to gladhand with Ron Fucking Wellman.

I'm familiar with Stockholm Syndrome.

I'd be fine with it and wouldn't be surprised if Chill has a lot of success.

There is only one way to trend when you are at rock bottom

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

When Manning leaves, preferably after winning so much, but also if he is terminated, Chill will be the man. He can recruit. He is a tireless worker. He has the swag. He knows the game. Players respect him. And Wake Forest will win big under him. It's just a matter of time.

His greatest accomplishment was teaching CMM how to shoot.

Love Chill, but need to see some evidence that he can win. Hopefully, that starts this year. No way he gets the job unless Manning has a few great years and leaves for Kansas

Who was the last ACC or other big-time school to have success with a men's BB head coach with no prior HC experience? Bill Guthridge and Kevin Ollie may be the most recent and those were exceptional situations. VT has tried it 3 times without success, albeit only once as an ACC member.

Who was the last ACC or other big-time school to have success with a men's BB head coach with no prior HC experience? Bill Guthridge and Kevin Ollie may be the most recent and those were exceptional situations. VT has tried it 3 times without success, albeit only once as an ACC member.

Forget head coach experience. How about success with a men's BB head coach with no prior HC experience and having been hired directly to the ACC level as an assistant coach to serve as a human shield for the AD without any prior coaching experience AT ALL?

My question was going to be, name one successful head coach whose assistant coaching tenure was almost exclusively with losing teams?

Love Chill, but need to see some evidence that he can win. Hopefully, that starts this year. No way he gets the job unless Manning has a few great years and leaves for Kansas

Where is Bill Self going? He is only 53 years old.

LOL. Good one. Nice to know that some people here still have a sense of humor.

I have typed three or four posts for this thread over the last day or so and each time quit before posting. I just don't care anymore. RW has leveled the program. There's nothing left but a smoking crater.

The takes in this thread read like conspiracy theories. I think it's really much more simple. Skip Prosser died suddenly and unexpectedly and it shook the entire athletic department deeply. It led to Grobe losing his passion, which was reflected on the field. Wellman didn't handle it well with regards to the basketball team and he made a terrible hire.

What the fuck is this paragraph? Skip dying is why we fired Dino and hired Buzz? Skip dying is why Grobe opted for golfing over recruiting? What?

Rafi Wellman, you have truly outdone yourself here. Bravo.

Back