• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Head Track and Field/XC Coach Resigns

He is incapable of communicating without hedging. If we don't excel, that's only because we shouldn't.

That was really bad. Hard to imagine any legitimate AD posting this.

"We are determined to hire a Director who will lead our program to the top of the ACC in the events in which we should excel."

The new track surface is rumored to be grey. There will be a much needed new press box. I think we are supposed to host the ACC track meet next spring.

Wake could have a really good track team if we tried.
Build a better base with distance runners - for cross country and 1500 m and up - whole maintaining th quality throwing program we already have.
Next step would be to get a few sprinters and jumpers, maybe 'borrows' from the football team like we have in the past.
With improved facilities, including a local indoor track, we should be at least top half in the ACC.
Tell me if I'm delusional.

Not 100% sure on this but from what I heard from one local player Clawson won't let kids run track unless their football eligibility is gone.

Not 100% sure on this but from what I heard from one local player Clawson won't let kids run track unless their football eligibility is gone.

Good. At 6-18 in his first 2 years, Clawson needs guys in the weight room and on the practice field.

Workers have laid down most of the new track surface on top of the old one. The colors used are light gray in the running/jumping/vaulting lanes and dark gray in the other areas.

i-RgGrZHf-L.jpg

So much better than the old brown rubbish.

Back