• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan Retires after 19 Years in NBA

Crap, but good for him. The NBA will miss him like the rest of us. Saw his first 2 seasons at Wake when he went from who? to how great can he be?

If it weren't for Kawhi being there to pick up the mantle, I'd probably just go ahead and die.

Same. I'm really glad I at least got to seem him for one year. The next three were not as awesome.

Me too. I joined the marching band so I could guarantee court side seats to every home game that year...sorry to my fellow band members, but that is the only reason I did it.

PERFECT Timmy ending...He's not showing up at his own retirement announcement. Only Pop will be there.

Thanks, Timmy, for all of the memories! Timmy was the only reason I watched the NBA for a long time...We'll miss ya big guy!

Wake Forest was lucky to be associated with him. Congrats on a great career.

Wow. Of course he makes the right decision.

I love the contrast with Kobe Bryant's shitshow

This. Such a great contrast. Kobe wanted his yuge $$ despite he was past his prime and wanted the yuge going away tour, and the result was that no serious players signed with LA the last 2 years and they sucked. Duncan gladly took way less $$ and fewer minutes so SA could contend for another title. And exited with a press release. Love it.

The best power forward in the history of the game.

Wonder what he is going to do in retirement?

I'll never forget getting both his and Chill's autographs on my ACCT program guide following the Cheater Hill Finals OT game when Chill hit the floater in the lane.

Best day of my life----- well, next to marriage and the birth of my son. :)

Mark Cuban ‏@mcuban 6m6 minutes ago
Upset at Tim Duncan we didn't get to honor him at a Mavs Spurs game. Happy I've had the opportunity to witness his greatness so often

Named my first born after him.

Had a chance to meet Tim Duncan when my oldest son was a year and half (he is now 17). Told Tim D that we named him "Duncan" after him. Tim said "Thanks, what an honor". He was very gracious with his time with us. My wife was also there and clearly pregnant with #2, and I said: "We are naming this one Childress" pointing at her belly, and a confused look came over his face, and then I just smiled and said "Childress wasn't going to work; Duncan was about as far as I could push the WF basketball thing."

Favorite athlete ever, and it's not even close.

First time I saw him I said "I really like the way he plays". That was his first home game at Wake. Loved him ever since. I wonder if I will continue to be a Spurs fan. Other than watching them, I could care less about the NBA.

Back