• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan Retires after 19 Years in NBA

The Erik Meek- Tim Duncan story was the most Tim Duncan story ever. So good.

count me as surprised. And super bummed. I blame Ibaka and that last block in game 6.

So glad I got to follow his whole career as well. I look forward to telling stories to my kids about him. Class all around. What a career.

Happy retirement to Tim. No one has ever represented wake better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classy, the ultimate team player...I do hope DM can figure out how to get him more involved in Wake basketball moving forward.

I am glad he made the move now, before his play substantially diminished. But I especially like the way he is doing it, without hoopla and chest thumping. TD is exceptional in so many ways.

Since drafting Duncan, the Spurs posted a 1,072-438 regular-season record.
That is an unbelievable stat. That averages out to a 71% winning pct, which equates to a 58 win season. Last year, 6 out of 30 teams won 50 games. And Timmy averaged 58 wins over 19 years, all with the same team! And he closed it out with 67 wins.

If it weren't for Kawhi being there to pick up the mantle, I'd probably just go ahead and die.

I'll watch Kawhi when possible, but I just got real disinterested in the NBA.

Congrats to the Big Fundamental - 2014 in particular - was special (as was 1995).

In a career that was a model of consistency, Duncan averaged 19 PPG over 19 seasons - in his last game ever, he scored 19.

His & Her said his PER in his rookie year was 22.8 and in his last year it was 22.6.

Knew this was coming, but I'm still bummed out. The NBA will sorely miss him.

His & Her said his PER in his rookie year was 22.8 and in his last year it was 22.6.

The Big Metronome

8wjyuf.jpg

Paintball, D&D, catch all the Pokeman Go characters.

Greg Newton.

Haha. Clearly not a coincidence.

I imagine he'll be spending a lot of time with his kids and his hot girlfriend. Godspeed Timmy. I got to watch him at Wake for 3 years, the greatest 3 year run in Wake basketball history. He's the definition of a professional. He left his franchise in a strong position to succeed in his absence. I wish he could have held on for one more year if only because the Spurs still need help in the post.

he was never my favorite deac (because i saw him play 0 games in the uniform), but what a great one.

Tim Duncan's career plus/minus including playoffs is +10,000. Exactly 10,000.

2nd and 3rd in the same time frame is Dirk at +6,725 and LBJ at +6,658.

Back