• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan Retires after 19 Years in NBA

End of an era for sure. Best wishes, Tim. Thank you for your class and integrity and for being a great ambassador for WFU. Hope we see lots of you around Winston in the years ahead.

I have a great memory of a very late and snowy night on campus in the winter of '96-'97. Tim and I were walking down opposite sides of the street in front of Reynolds Gym. Nobody else around. Just as I was about to call out to him, he slipped on some ice and nearly busted his rump. He laughed it off like you would expect.

What is the Meeks story again?

I was wrong, he's correct. It was Greg Newton.

Short version was Newton called TD soft. Reporter brought the quote to TD. I can't remember if was before or after (I think after) a win over Dook and TD deadpans "He's the greatest player I have ever seen." End of response.

Classy, the ultimate team player...I do hope DM can figure out how to get him more involved in Wake basketball moving forward.

I am glad he made the move now, before his play substantially diminished. But I especially like the way he is doing it, without hoopla and chest thumping. TD is exceptional in so many ways.

Same and I think it may sound like a pipe dream but really isn't. Especially if Odom is hanging around the program. Timmy had/has an unbounded loyalty to Dave.

I was wrong, he's correct. It was Greg Newton.

Short version was Newton called TD soft. Reporter brought the quote to TD. I can't remember if was before or after (I think after) a win over Dook and TD deadpans "He's the greatest player I have ever seen." End of response.

It was after Duncan went off with a crazy stat line of like 30 and 20...The next morning, after Duncan just ate Newton's lunch, he was asked about the negative comments Newton made about Duncan leading up to the game and he responded with your above quote. Just so Timmy

CnGEruoWAAAIGkq.jpg

We will miss you Timmy D. The best power forward to ever play the game! And together with Randolph my favorite 2 Deacon basketball players ever.

It has been a privilege to watch the entire career of one of the greatest basketball players of all time. Tim Duncan is my favorite player in all sports. There is no number two. All the best Tim.

Now that the day is over and there's a chance to reflect, I'm shocked at how moved I am by the news. Got to watch him play for 23 years. Well over half my life, and I ain't a young man in internet terms.

Great day for Eduardo Najera, though

He's a week older than me. Been watching him my whole adult life.

Back