• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan Retires after 19 Years in NBA

I guess Satch Sanders, Jungle Jim Luscutoff and Robert Horry must all be better than MJ as they have more rings thna MJ does.

Kurt Rambis, Larry Siegfried (not the guy with Roy), Will Perdue and Derek Fisher must be better than Larry Bird.

Wear your #21 jersey Thursday.

Saw a guy at Busch Gardens Williamsburg last week wearing a 1996 Duncan jersey. Sad to think how much Wake has squandered our association with him.

Saw a guy at Busch Gardens Williamsburg last week wearing a 1996 Duncan jersey. Sad to think how much Wake has squandered our association with him.

Well unfortunately we have an egomaniacal sociopath as AD who could never realize Duncan was actually the one in control of his relationship with Wake and Wake needed to bend over backward (or forward) to make it work and create marketing and recruiting opportunities.

Oh and Wake squandered its time with Duncan on the court too.

Well unfortunately we have an egomaniacal sociopath as AD who could never realize Duncan was actually the one in control of his relationship with Wake and Wake needed to bend over backward (or forward) to make it work and create marketing and recruiting opportunities.

Oh and Wake squandered its time with Duncan on the court too.
LOL...Duncan is fanatical about being quiet/private, not attracting ANY attention, and stays away from public like he was avoiding the plague. If he is control of the situation, what has happened publicly between Wake and Duncan is exactly what you'd expect is it not?

My bold prediction. Timmy will sign a 10-day contract at some point deep into the season due to injuries and stay on the roster into the playoffs. You heard it here first. First unanimous HOF to sign a 10-day contract and likely the last.

My bold prediction. Timmy will sign a 10-day contract at some point deep into the season due to injuries and stay on the roster into the playoffs. You heard it here first. First unanimous HOF to sign a 10-day contract and likely the last.

Its not really a bold prediction if it's been said by numerous sources to be happening for weeks.

dont be mad palma calls you out on your #hottake when its been reported by others bro.

Needless to say, Duncan has more in common will Shaq, Hakeem, and Robinson in that graphic than his peers, Dirk and KG.

BTW, I seem to recall his knee problems beginning when either Scotty Brooks or Derek Motherfucking Fischer diving for a loose ball in which they seemed to purposefully roll hard into Timmy's knee. Could have been Tyrone Lue as well. Obviously the theme is gnat like player succeeding above skill level (think Dellaladova) who later became a middling NBA head coach.

Shaq's not all that impressed with Timmy D, at least for his "big man" cred.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-says-he-doesnt-consider-tim-duncan-a-big-man

I don't think that is true...Shaq has always praised Tim, he's just trying to create debate for his podcast..

Shaq gave one of the best quotes I've seen about Tim

"Unbreakable power forward. No [elbow] could break him. No loss of a championship could break him. Nothing could break him.

"You know how I played: I tried to intimidate guys and 'bow guys, but none of that ever fazed him. As far as giving me problems, he's right behind Hakeem Olajuwon. Not because of his moves. Because of his mind."

“I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored. Whenever I run into a Tim Duncan fan who will claim Tim Duncan is the GOAT, I won’t disagree with him.”

I don't think that is true...Shaq has always praised Tim, he's just trying to create debate for his podcast..

Shaq gave one of the best quotes I've seen about Tim

"Unbreakable power forward. No [elbow] could break him. No loss of a championship could break him. Nothing could break him.

"You know how I played: I tried to intimidate guys and 'bow guys, but none of that ever fazed him. As far as giving me problems, he's right behind Hakeem Olajuwon. Not because of his moves. Because of his mind."

“I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored. Whenever I run into a Tim Duncan fan who will claim Tim Duncan is the GOAT, I won’t disagree with him.”

That's fantastic.

Back