• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan Retires after 19 Years in NBA

Tim Duncan spotted in a line at Old Navy after retirement. Could've been an Onion headline, but it's real.

CoE99vKVYAAwT3F.jpg

^^^^oh man, I love that pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could this be the reason that Timmy D is shopping at Old Navy?

Charles Banks, former financial adviser for retired Spurs star Tim Duncan, is facing fraud charges over millions of dollars in lost investments. He was arrested over the weekend. Duncan filed a lawsuit in January 2015 contending that a series of investments from 2005 to 2013 enriched Banks but were losing propositions for the two-time NBA MVP. Duncan alleged that he lost more than $25 million. :eek:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17506386/ex-financial-adviser-accused-fraud-using-tim-duncan-funds

Duncan filed a lawsuit in January 2015 contending that a series of investments from 2005 to 2013 enriched Banks but were losing propositions for the two-time NBA MVP. Duncan alleged that he lost more than $25 million. :eek:

I didn't know Amy's maiden name was Banks.

Met Melvin Ely last week at a business function. One of the attendees asked if there was an NBA player that influenced him the most and why. His response, and he was pretty passionate about this, was Tim Duncan. He told a story that one day after practice Tim declared it was "movie night", so Melvin thought "Great. I'm going home and playing call of duty." The next day at practice nobody would talk to Melvin or acknowledge him. When he was inquiring they told him to go talk to Tim. Tim told him that movie night meant everybody goes, including spouses, girlfriends, kids - no exceptions. If you want to be on the Spurs, you need to participate in the family. Melvin said he learned more about being an NBA player and person in his time with the Spurs - left a very strong impression on him.

I completely forgot he played for the Spurs and it's easy to understand why.

"On February 13, 2007, he was traded to the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for forward Eric Williams and a second-round draft pick in 2009.[4] He played only 6 games for the Spurs, averaging 3.2 points and 2.3 rebounds per game. He did not play for the Spurs in the playoffs yet he still won the championship ring."

Back