• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network to be Based in Connecticut, not Charlotte

The playoff expanding to 8 with auto bids to the Power 5 conference champions, which many see as the next logical step, would certainly have that effect.

I would think the opposite. 3 at large bids every year?

Agreed. I think a more likely scenario that would prompt ND joining the ACC would be the playoff staying at 4, and ND getting left out in favor of conference champs when they have a plausible argument

ACC Extends ESPN Deal To 2036, ACC Network Cable Channel to Launch by 2019

I would think the opposite. 3 at large bids every year?

That would lower the number of possible spots for ND from 4 to 3 but also lower the threshold for them.

They're not going to join in full for football and frankly I don't know why we would want them to do so. The current deal is a great set up for the conference and Wake Forest.

Can't wait for the day that ND gets into the playoffs over the ACC Champion with a similar record.

Can't wait for the day that ND gets into the playoffs over the ACC Champion with a similar record.

A 2006 WFU type situation could be the kind of scenario where that would have happened. Of course few besides us would have protested.

Raycom will carry ACC games until the ACC Network Cable Channel launches in 2019.

Love the 20 game schedule, but it will be brutal as the ACC is stacked with elite hoop programs. WF played a solid OOC schedule last year, and did well. Yet, WF only won 2 conference games. Yikes.

Back